Chapter 8

I stared at the creamy ceiling, slowly blinking.

It was a bright, beautiful day with the sun shining above and the birds racing with the winds. I lifted my head up to the sky and closed my eyes, inhaling the scent of fresh leaves and blooming flowers.

When two strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me into a strong chest, I smiled without opening my eyes, knowing who it was.

The arms tightened on my curved waist when the owner of the arms ran his lips against the curve of my neck, making me shiver in delight. I leaned my head back and rested it on his solid chest, listening to the laughter of the children playing around us.

"I can't wait till the day I make you my wife, the mother of my children." he whispered in a playful tone. I smiled and leaned into him more. He kissed my neck, slowly going up and back down to the base where my neck connected to my shoulder.

"My love, you know my mother wouldn't appreciate you touching me before I become of age." I sighed, but I couldn't deny the way my heart raced against my ribcage. I didn't like my mother's decision on this, but I had to shut my mouth if I wanted to belong to him.

He whined, his arms tightening around me and his lips now replaced with his warm tongue. My eyes widened, and I found myself trembling in his arms.

"You know I cannot keep my hands to myself when I'm around you. You're my betrothed. I have every right to hold you and touch you. Your mother is only trying to hold onto her only daughter."

I hummed and decided to turn around towards him. I looked up at him and wrapped my arms around his neck. Yet, I couldn't keep the embarrassing colour away from my cheeks.

He gazed down at me, devotion clear in his eyes. His ash blonde hair was slightly messy, probably because of his friends ruffling it when they were training. His golden eyes shone with excitement, even after going through so much hardships. His defined jaw and his plump lips, his muscular frame and his sought-after looks. He was beyond beautiful.

His lips curved up, his eyes narrowing slightly when he noticed me eyeing him.

"Did I tell you how unfairly handsome you are?" I asked shyly— quietly, my cheeks and face burning. A harmonious sound vibrated from within his chest, his frame shaking as he held me to him. The sound caused my own lips to curl upwards. It was always a reward for me when he laughed.

When he stopped, he kissed the top of my head and squeezed me closer to him with a sigh.

"I adore you, my beautiful Jewel." he whispered sincerely.

I smiled happily and looked at him with my eyes. "I adore you, too, my only Jonathan."

I sat upright, breathing heavily whilst my body shook. I ignored my throbbing neck and tried to control my breathing. My soul was telling me to calm down, to control my emotions but I couldn't do anything about it. I inhaled again, the more I did the more shaky and difficult my breathing would become.