Part 12: In which we break the fourth wall.

Once again, Hannibal and Will were on a plane, handcuffed together—this time on the way to Greece, on the tail of a shark.

'But we solved the shark case,' Will said, 'Didn't we?'

'Your denouement was incorrect,' Chilton smirked. 'Not exactly Holmes and Watson.'

'I always admired Holmes,' mused Hannibal. 'The impeccable reasoning, the sexual subtext. Ruined his palate with smoking.'

'Holmes was never as good at public displays of affection, as you.' Chilton gave Hannibal a look.

'Jealous?' Hannibal asked.

He squeezed Will's thigh under the cover of the tray table.

'I'm not sure I like being your Watson,' muttered Will.

'You are no Watson. You are Sherlock's perfect partner, a reflection of himself.'

As the plane landed, Will braced himself.

At the airport they emerged into hot, dry Athens air. Hannibal felt a tap on his shoulder. A dark-haired voluptuous woman with magnificent cleavage said, 'I couldn't help overhearing you talking about Sherlock Holmes. My mate here is a big fan.'

Will glanced at the woman, who edged forward her friend, a slim stylish woman, with great shoes. 'We are shark experts.'

'Yes, we know EVERYTHING about sharks,' said the first woman. 'I'm Rowan. This is Julie. We're here to help you in every way.'

'I see,' Hannibal said, his gaze lingering for a moment on the beautiful pair. And Julie too. 'Tell us about this shark.'

'I'm afraid we only work naked, in hotel rooms,' said Rowan. 'Also, we completely ban telephones.'

Will perked up noticeably.

‘Well,’ Julie said, ‘this is no ordinary shark, it’s been trained to pick off specific targets on the beach and perhaps even carry them back to some psychopath’s lair. There’s a lot of work to do, maybe we’d better take all our clothes off now.’

Hannibal and Will, ever eager to catch their man, disrobed immediately. Chilton hesitated and was instantly sent out for coffee.

Just then a large black limo arrived. As the door opened, they peered inside.

‘I see you two are still naked,’ Scully said.

'Naked AGAIN,' Hannibal corrected.

Scully merely raised an eyebrow, and they all piled into her limousine. It was a tight fit. The back seat was a tangle of naked limbs.

Will stroked up someone's thigh, unsure whose, and heard an answering sigh.

Someone nibbled on Hannibal's ear.

'Where are we going?' asked Will unsteadily.

Scully said, 'To the shark. I have orders.'