Part 1: In Which Hannibal Tempts Will

This is our continuing series of Hannibal Fanfiction, written via twitter in the hour before each episode of series 2 was aired.

Part 1. Written during series 2, when Will is imprisoned in the Baltimore State Hospital for the Criminally Insane

‘Will Graham,’ Hannibal said, softly yet firmly. ‘I’ve concluded that you need to engage more with the physical world. Dinner?’

'I'd love to,' said Will, running his fingers through his dishevelled hair. 'But Hannibal, you're forgetting something.'

‘Of course.’ Hannibal’s quiet confidence was magnetic. ‘I have arranged for you to be released into my custody for therapy.'

'I do need help,' Will admitted. 'I've been spending too much time in my own head. Fly fishing. Also, I'm hungry.'

‘I’ve prepared something I think you will enjoy,’ Hannibal told Will. ‘It’s hot, exciting, beguiling to the senses. Also food.'

'Sounds like exactly what I've been waiting for,' said Will. 'Should I bring my handcuffs? Or just my tortured expression?'

‘I won’t need to restrain you, Will Graham. Once you taste what I have you’ll be powerless to resist. Follow me. A car waits.’

***

Will licked his lips, then looked at his grey overall. 'Do I need to dress for dinner? I know you like things to be…correct.'

‘It’s important that all your senses are open, Will Graham. Here let me unbutton your overall, and slip it over your thighs.’

Will clenched his teeth. A muscle tensed in his jaw. 'I should warn you. I've had some trouble…controlling myself, lately.'

‘While you are under my care, Will Graham, you need no control. I control you now. I will tell when you may release your urges.’

'I step out of my overall,' said Will. 'I stand here in my prison-issue boxers, shivering slightly. This is my design.'

‘No, Will Graham, it’s my design.’