Chapter 1: NO. I NEED. SLEEP. DX

HELLO GUISE! I hope you like this first chapter! :D Dedicated to xoejxxo for commenting (: Please vote if you lieky lieky (yes, I know I spelled that wrong. xD)

"Skylar! Get up!" Skylar's mother yelled, pulling her out of bed by the legs.

"No."

"Now! It's 6:45! School starts at 7:30! It's just one more day, you'll make it. Tomorrow is graduation, and you don't want to miss that, do you? I won't be here to pull you out of bed!"

"Ugh. I'm coming," Skylar lied as she crawled lazily back into bed.

The sleepy and very grouchy girl groaned as she rolled over in her bed, reaching for her journal. She would never admit it, but it was a diary. One where she would keep all of her thoughts and ideas in, and famous quotes or staged interview answers in. It was her go-to journal for almost everything, basically. Skylar's face was still in her pillow, and the rest of her body was sprawled out on her bed, her backside facing the vaulted atrium of a ceiling that inhabited her room. Her arm swung around, the back of her hand hitting the wooden bedside table, in a lazy attempt to try and find a writing utensil. She always wanted to make an autobiography about her life before she died, so that's what she began writing about in her journal. Making sure to write the date at the top of the page, she began writing whatever came to mind.

Hi guys. I'm Skylar. Skylar Phan. I'm 17-years-old, and yes. Yes I am ASIAN. My mother and father are rich, and extremely strict and basically dictate my whole life. I live in the small, yet not-so-small city of Orlando, Florida, home of Disneyworld and Universal studios. Tomorrow is my last day as a senior in high school, and I'm not too excited. Why?

Because I'm getting my butt kicked out of this nice house, and being forced to find my own apartment and start college this fall. I never planned on college. I always wanted to explore the world, and try new things. I've always been the curious type, and due to that, I've always been getting myself into trouble. I've dug through drawers and  dressers, just to see if I'd find anything cool. In fact, I did that the other day, and I made a big discovery.

I've come to the conclusion that I moved to Florida probably around the time I was about 6 or 7. I've seen maybe about 10 photographs of myself when I was a toddler the other day, and I think I may be able to figure out where I lived because there was something severely different about me. No, it's not my hair, not my clothes, but my skin. My skin was extremely pale, and the scenery was really green, but it wasn't tropical like Florida is. It must've been somewhere without a lot of sun, because I don't remember a time when my skin wasn't tan, or when I was in this mysterious place.

Actually, now that I think of it, I don't know much about my past. And the weird thing is, all of this was hidden away in my mom's vanity drawer, as if she wanted to hide this unknown past from me. There was also another weird thing that happened in my dream last night.

Anyways, I had this really weird dream last night. It was of some little kid, or something, I can't remember clearly, but it was definitely a boy. I don't remember what happened exactly, but the only thing I can precisely remember is that he said he knew me. But how?

As she finished writing down that last lingering thought, Skylar slammed the journal closed and threw it underneath her bed. What did that dream about the boy mean? A long day awaited her, and she didn't want to look like trash going to school. Strolling past her wall that was plastered in posters of her favorite bands; she headed to her ensuite bathroom and turned on the light. The once dark and lonely bathroom now was zapped back to life, as Skylar walked in to examine her face and hair. As she peered into the humongous vanity mirror, she begun humming the tune of "What Makes You Beautiful", before actually singing and replacing some of the lyrics of the song with her own.