Off to school?

Chapter 1: Off to school?

“Get up my darling. Todays the day,” My father practically sang as he floated into my room. I lazily turned over in my warm, protecting bed and wished that I would never have to leave. But unfortunately this time I do.

Today is the day that I must depart to.. Hogwarts, ugh. My father decided that it would be a good idea that I go and keep an eye on “his newly acquired school” as he calls it. I think its an absolute waste of time. I have magic in my blood, and I don’t need to be surrounded by impures and annoying teachers to learn more of it. Not when you have my father you don’t. But he wouldn’t budge when it came to this.

Usually I get whatever I want, when I want it. I live in a huge house, with many servants that are free to get me whatever it is that I desire. Now I’m being forced to leave my comfy home to go look over the things at the ugly school. I don’t know why he even keeps it open. We know Potter and his little friends aren’t stupid enough to go back so what’s the point. We can make people miserable either way so just close it. Then I could continue to lounge around my house and terrify death eaters as normal.

The only upside to it is that I get to see Draco, my boyfriend.  We met through my father’s antics and even though I know he doesn’t completely agree with his father’s beliefs but then again, sometimes neither do I.

There have been times when I know what he is doing is wrong but the fact that he is who he thinks he is allows me to sometimes over see what he does; even when I know it’s wrong. I have higher and better morals than my father and his little death eaters.

“NO!” I practically yell at him, launching a pillow in his general direction. I hear a small gasp and I can deduce that a new follower is shadowing my father. The death eaters aren’t exactly used to me yelling at my father. No one yells at Lord Voldemort, except me of course.

I sluggishly turned around in my bed and turned a glare on my father. Out of the corner of my eye I register the shocked expression on the petite death eater in the corner of my room. It’s crazy the contrast between her and my room. The coarse black of her full robes stood out incredibly from the soft lavender paint on my walls.

I sleepily rub my eyes as my father begins to pace around my bed. A second later a gently knock comes at the door. The young witch looks anticipating at my father, but he knows better and looks at me. Growing up in this house and turning into my own person away from my fathers’ shadow may have been difficult for some witches but for me it hasn’t been.

Turning into a teenager may have been the best thing that ever happened to me. Most people expect me to be all proper and stuff all the time because I have to be. They think that I am forced by my father. Well at sometimes, they are right. Since birth I have been trained to be proper but not because he is trying to make me something I’m not, it’s because it is was others expect of me. It is what he expects of his followers so I am automatically thought to have to behave the same way. Though as I got older and grew into my role as the “Slytherin Princess”, I realized that I must behave in that way. The old-timey proper way.

But ever since I turned 15 my behavior has been my choice. I know at sometimes I must behave properly and sometimes people need to understand my stature and need to know that I run my own show. My father knows that I am my own person and I make my own decisions, mostly.

I nod my head slightly and he allows entrance.                                                                            

I begin to sit up as I see Lucius enter the room. He gives me a bow and then a slightly deeper one to my father. “Princess, My Lord.” He whispers.