Thirteen

Phil wanted to leave the very next day, insisting that he was perfectly fine and wanted to get it over with. And because Dan was always soft on him, he agreed. He was still hesitant about whether or not Phil was ready, but he decider to not worry about it too much. If anything did go wrong, he'd be there to help.

  Phil seemed to be taking the news about his dad pretty well, or at least, he didn't let any doubt about it show. He was calm as ever, but that didn't stop Dan from constantly checking with him, asking if he was really alright with all of this. Phil always nodded and smiled at him, and Dan relented.

  And then they were leaving. Standing in front of Dan's closet with nothing but two smallish suitcases between them. They were both slightly nervous, but they were good at not letting the other know about it. 

  The Highers them a Portal Key that could only be used once, since this was an extended job and they wouldn't be back for a while. They stepped out into the hallway of their house, the house they'd pretty much abandoned when they'd left. It was dark, inside and out, and there was a thin film of dust over everything, but Dan still smiled. He'd missed it here.

  "Home, sweet home, then." Phil said from beside him, his face still a careful mask of emotionlessness. There was flicker of nostalgia in his eyes, but other than that, he was expressionless.

  "It looks exactly as we left it." Dan mused, moving away from the doorway of the closet and inspecting the rest of the house. Everything was in its proper place, not a single thing different.

  "Well, alright then, enough reminiscing." Phil said loudly. "When exactly do we start this job?"

  "Well not right this second, I'm sure." Dan replied, grabbing all of their bags and setting them in their room. "We just got here, babe. Can we at least settle in before jumping into this?"

  "Sorry." Phil said bashfully. "I just, want to get this over with."

  Dan walked over to him, wrapping his arms around him and kissing his cheek gently. "Let's just go to bed, alright?" He said. "I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted."

Phil ran his fingers down Dan's chest, leaning over and kissing his neck. "I'm not tired." He murmured. He was breathing gently across Dan's throat, making him shiver slightly.

  "Yeah?" Dan said, reaching up and tangling his fingers with Phil's. Phil nodded, moving so that he was face to face with Dan, their noses brushing. He pressed a soft, lingering kiss to Dan's lips, sighing softly as he did.

  Dan pulled his hands free, and dug them into Phil's hair, kissing him deeper and making him gasp. Phil grasped Dan's shirt tightly, pulling him closer as he slid his tongue into Dan's hot mouth eagerly. Dan smiled as Phil started pulling his shirt off, but then he was slammed against the bedroom wall, and he moaned as Phil grabbed his hips and started kissing his chest.

  This was a definite improvement. The last time Dan remembered touching Phil like this was the day after he'd become a Reaper. He hadn't been too happy about the short hiatus in their sex life, but it was all forgotten now as Phil continued moving down his chest, across his stomach and right above his jeans. He leaned his head back against the wall, running his fingers through Phil's hair.

  Dan had never been so loud in his life. He spent pretty much the whole night, screaming, moaning, trying to muffle his cries against the sweaty skin of Phil's shoulder or his own fingers when Phil was too low to reach. He didn't just body was capable of handling this much pleasure, but it was worth the ache he was sure too feel in the morning.

                                   ********************************************

  a/n: Please, feel free to kick me in the shins repeatedly.

  Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this, really, I've just been having some minor writers block.

  Other than that, hey, if you still read this. Hope it was okay, other then the relative shortness. Peace :3