1864

It was almost annoying to walk into the town of Mystic Falls, knowing the place was full of vampires and werewolves and witches, and the stupid humans didn't know a damn thing. The dress I wore was normal style for the times, with heavy tied up brown boots, a tie-in-the-front corset, a frilly long dress and a hoop skirt. My hair was kept in perfect ringlets and some would say I looked like English royalty with the way I dressed. Indeed people whispered it as I walked through the small town and I couldn't help but smirk at the watching eyes. 

Lexi had left a while ago, saying that I had to learn to handle it on my own but that she would be back again soon. So far, I hadn't gone off my rocker again. Well not by much. I'm not the perfect saint Lexi has asked me to be, but i'm not nearly as terrible as I used to be. I don't play with my food like a cat plays with a mouse anymore. That counts for something, right?

I walked into a local Tavern, images of my old home at the Tavern flashing through my mind until I forced them away. I sense the vampires in here but I ignore them and sit down at the bar, ordering a drink and gulping it down easily even with the sting of vervain. She sat down next to me and I smirked. 

"Hello Katherine." I greet and she smirks as well.

"Gabrielle." She says and I scoff. 

"Actually the names Arielle now, Katie. So what are you doing here in Mystic Falls? I know you and small towns aren't your thing, you prefer the adventure of the big cities." I say and her smirk widens. 

"Hmm yes I do, but i've got enough adventure right here in Mystic Falls." She says and my smirk turns elastic.

"A boy?" I asked. 

"Two actually."  She says. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Strumpet." I replied and she laughed, eyes gleaming.

"Oh like you have any room to talk." You threw out. My eyes widened and I turned to face her.

"I'm a virgin!" I shouted back and she did a spit take, eyes wide.

"What?" She squeaked. A blush spread across my cheeks and I fiddled with my fingers.

"Well.." I trailed off, unsure of what to say. Suddenly she broke out in laughter. She stood up and started walking out of the tavern and I followed, walking beside her.

"Okay Gabrielle, you got me." She laughed and I blushed harder.She took in my face and gawked. "You are! But you and Niklaus..." she trailed off and I tried to push off the blush.

"Back in 1692, even more so then today, such things like that were considered punishable by death. We often came close to doing...that, but w-we never actually..." I trailed off, blushing even harder. She laughed again, doubling over.

"Has he even ever seen you naked?" She asked. I shook my head, unable to speak. She was practically rolling on the floor in laughter.

"Stop laughing!" I cried, covering my heated cheeks.

"My goodness, Gabrielle." She giggled.

"It's Arielle!" I huffed angerily. She waved it off.

"I always thought you were a litte too innocent but this-I never expected." She said with a shake of her head. I scowled.

"If you don't shut up I'm not going to tell you." I told her.

"Tell me what?" she asked, still smiling.

"Eljah is around. Though I don't think he'll see you. He's in the next town over. Just thought i'd tell you that, since he is still obviously in love with you and you have found yourself some new boy toys." I told her.

"Is that really the reason you came here? I can handle Elijah." She told me.

"No. I'm searching for Nik. I heard he was around in Virginia somewhere, figured he might be in his hometown, but I guess not. Second I saw you I knew he wasn't, considering the second Nik's in a state you end up in the exact opposite place. Or in a disguise. But since you haven't done either of those things, I know he's not here. It was good seeing you, Katherine. Goodbye." I told her.

"Klaus is in Virginia?" She asks and I nod.

"Somewhere, from what I heard. I had planned to take out my anger that I tripped down a flight of stairs yesterday on him. But I haven't found him yet." I pouted.

"Do you take everything out on Klaus?" She asked in amusment. I nodded.

"Yes. Everything is his fault, somehow. He causes all my troubles so I figured i'd just take them out on him." I said with a shrug. She laughed once more, but it was a nervous laugh.

"Guess I need to get out of Virginia soon." She said sadly. I nodded.

"Yeah, too bad. But I heard the townspeople are rebelling against all the vampires in town anyway. Better get out quick, Katie." I teased. She nodded but there was suspicion in her eyes now.

"What are you planning?" She asks.

"Jakob has become a ripper, terrorizing Whitechapel in London. If I don't do something, Klaus will. I'm going to wait a couple years after the people seal the vampires under the church and then open the door and shove him inside. That way he's safe, but not harming anyone." I said.

"Hmm what about Sara?" She asks.

"Sara is dead." I said dismissively.

"Really? How did she die?" She asks curiously.

"I killed her." I said dismissively but I was a little sad.

"Why?" she asked.

"Because Sara figured out a way to turn vampires back into humans. But it's unnatural, even more so then vampires. I had to kill her to stop her from doing the spell and to stop her from telling people."

***

I know I left it at a weird spot this is more of a filler then anything else. There's only a couple chapters left though, maybe three. Then Wicked Shadows is over and I can focus morely on my other stories. Anyway hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Please comment, vote, and fan!