Not angry, hurt.

Sarah watched in horror as Bethany drank the blood from a living human abd transitioned into a vampire. The body dropped to the ground and Bethany looked up, tears leaking from her eyes and she trembled, disgusted with herself. I smirk, satisfied with myself and grab Sarah by the arm and bite into her neck, causing her to shriek out in pain but I pull away quickly.

"No!" Bethany yelled, jumping towards me but Jakob holds her back.

"Hmm the wonderful taste of blood. Don't you want any?" I ask her, offering Bethany Sarah's neck. She gulps, looking at the blood and black veins appear under her eyes but she turns away to stop herself from doing anything.

"My magic is gone...why is my magic gone?" She whispers. I sigh in disappointment and throw the girl to the ground where she sobs but I ignore her.

"You already know the answer to that dear Bethany. witches cannot be vampires as well, well that is except me." I say with a wicked grin.

"Yes you're an abomination against nature and you'll forever be alone." She hisses at me. The words stung and anger boiled through my veins and in an instance I held her by the neck as she thrashed to get away. Angry tears built up in my eyes and I slammed her head against the wall behind us.

"You're wrong." I say with a surprisingly soft voice and my lip trembled as tears leaked out of my eyes and fell down my face and I give a fake smile. "I have Jakob with me. You see, i'm not alone." I say but my voice cracks. Her eyes soften into something very sympathetic and kind.

"I'm right." She says evenly with a voice as soft as mine. "Your the most alone person in this world and you hate it." She said and I tighten my grip on her neck, glaring at her.

"You don't know anything about me, you're wrong! And now i'm angry!" I snap at her, tightening my grip more and more on her neck till blood starts to pull. She grimaces in pain but goes on.

"You're not angry," She says, pain cracking her voice. "You're hurt. You just need someplace safe where you can dig through all that rage, get to the pain beneath it. I narrow my eyes and more tears leak out.

"You know nothing about me." I hiss, veins appearing under my eyes. She shakes her head, tears leaking out of her eyes as well.

"I'm sorry this happened to you, Gabrielle. I did not know of your pain. I am upset that I must die to help you, but as a last wish before you do may I ask you a question?" She asks softly. I step away from her but still hold her neck and let her feet touch the ground.

"First let's see if my magic is back to normal." I say and try using my magic, finding that the magic swirled inside of me and I could use it. I smile in success but today did not feel like a success all that much. I felt...sad. Or maybe I was angry. Or maybe it was like Bethany said, maybe i'm hurt. No, it's perposterous. I don't feel anymore. I turned my humanity off a long time ago.

"What is your question?" I ask her.

"How did this happen to you?" She asks and I find myself surprised she decided to ask that question instead of the many others she could've chose from. What's she trying to do, find out who I am? Help me? I don't want anyone's help! But...I would answer her question since she'd be taking it to her grave with her.

"Klaus." I say and her eyes widen.

"The original vampire." She whispers. I nod and I notice jakob was paying close attention.

"Back in Salem in 1692, I met Klaus. I...I fell in love...with him. But he didn't love me. He just decided to toy with me. And then one night..." I trail off and turn away but I hear her gasp of disbelief. "He turned me into a vampire, but I was a witch as well. And then he left town, he left me there alone." I whisper.