1802

And the trio has split. I guess I should've expected it earlier on, nothing good ever lasts. Rebekah went back to Klaus (that traitor), Sarah is off searching for cures for vampirism in Greece, and years ago I sent Jakob off after his 'love' for me turned into obsession. I was all alone again. I was currently residing in America, now that it's earned it's freedom from Great Britain. If only I could earn that kind of freedom. I have the power to travel anywhere in the world and it's like i'm still a prisoner, always chained to him, always coming back to him. Like no matter how many times I try to run, to escape, I always end up finding him again. And my shackles are strengthened.

Of course Bekah always covers for me, stopping him from seeing me. At least she wasn't a complete traitor. I also see Kol or Katie around from time to time though Kol likes to bully and flirt with me while Katherine just likes to bully me. I walked the crowded streets of Virginia, hood pulled over my head, skirt swishing against my boots. I was quickly becoming bored of Virginia and it's occupants, finding me even missing my home in Salem. I sighed aloud and kicked a rock out onto the dirt road.

"Woah what's with you?" A female voice asked behind me and I whirled around, eyes narrowed. How had she snuck up on me? No human could do that to me, only vampires, and even they tended to have a rough time with it.

"What's it ta you?" I mumble, eyes searching over her appearance. She was blonde and tan like me with brown eyes and was pretty. She wore a standard dress for this time, very different from the kinds of dreadful things we were forced to wear in 1692, with flower prints, corset, and hoop skirt. She wore a cloak much like mine except lighter, possibly a very dark navy blue but it was too dark to be completely sure, even for a vampire like me.

"Calm down, it was just a question. You know I remembered you being a lot more vicious and terrifying." She says and I let out a humorless, dry laugh.

"So you do know of me. Tell me, what's the nickname you learned hmm? No one ever uses my real name, it's quite forbidden to speak and not many get the chance to learn it." I say dryly and she studies me, lips set in a grim expression.

"You didn't have a name. You were just known as the immortal witch. I haven't heard much about you since mid seventeen hundreds. Over being a ripper?" She asks, cocking her head to the side with a raised eyebrow and I studied the waning moon, watching as dark clouds slowly covered the moonlight.

"It's not that, exactly. My thirst for blood is the same, and it's not like I grow weary of being a ripper, I like it, but... I've been having this weird feeling in my stomach lately, this unsettling feeling whenever I think about taking a life. I see the faces of those I knew on everyone I even look at feeding on. A child, Abigail or Betty, an old woman, Tituba, a middle-aged man my uncle, a middle-aged woman my..." I gulped, taking a steadying breath. "My mother." I finished. She was quiet, which surprised me. I had been expecting her to laugh, for her to remind me that i'm a vampire and that my humanity is gone, that I no longer care about those things but she didn't. Instead she extended her hand to me and grinned.

"I'm Lexi, it's nice to finally meet you. You are?" She asks, raising an eyebrow and hesitantly I take the extended gloved hand and she shakes my reluctant hand.

"Gabrielle. Gabrielle Strega." I say quietly and she shakes her head.

"Nope, not anymore. Gabrielle is the name of your pain, your anger, your hatred, your sadness, your lonliness, your bitterness, your ripper. You are no longer Gabrielle Strega, we're changing it. Something, resembling you are still you, but something different enough to give you a fresh start. Hmm how about... Arielle Estrega?" She asks and I stare at her quizzically, not quite sure how I'm supposed to respond to this situation. Since when did I decide I was going to quit being a ripper and change my name? I didn't. Or at least I don't remember.

"What?" Was the only response I could blurt out that was semi coherent. She smirked and grabbed my wrist, dragging me along with her.

"That feeling in your stomach Ari, that unsetteling feeling, it's guilt. You look at those people and you see the faces of the people you've loved and cared about and regret killing. You turned your emotions off when you became a vampire, but now you're turning them back on. Let them. This is your fresh start, i'm going to cleanse you of your ripper and make the world a safer place." She says warmly and it's all I can do to stare at this lunatic.

But then I slowly came to the realization that she was right, as odd as it sounded. I had felt this feeling a long time ago, back when I was human. That feeling in the pit of my stomach, that was guilt. I don't know how i'd forgotten it, it was a feeling I had known well as a human. But then reality sank in. I'm a vampire, I don't feel such emotions anymore. I'm not human and I never will be again. I yank my wrist from her gasp and move backwards, glaring heatedly at her.

"I don't need stupid human emotions and I certainly don't need your help!" I yelled but she just shook her head.

"Oh but you do. Desperately so. And since you haven't used any of your witch powers on me, you know deep within your mind you need it too. You say you like being a ripper, but do you really? Is killing people something you truly enjoy?" She asks.

No, I thought. But i'm definitely not telling her that. I scoffed at her and pulled my cloak closer to me. "Why else would I do it?" I sneer and she sighs and rolls her eyes.

"Guess i've got a lot more work to do then I thought." She grumbles.

***

Hey sorry I know it's short but hey at least it's a chapter right? I wasn't really sure where to go after last chapter so I was having some difficultly planning this out but I finally got it! Hope you enjoyed and hopefully now i'll be able to right this story more efficiently now that i've got it re-started again.

Please comment, vote, and fan!