Chapter 6: Crocodile Jaw Sized Problem

"Sobeko" Migs said ready to catch him "ah Jaquins. The gaurdians of Vallestrella. One of the best flyers, we'll let's see how you do when you can't fly" Sobeko said with a smirk "will see about that especially since I have..." Migs placed his paw on the collar Verago gave him only...it wasn't there! He wasn't wearing it anymore! Migs's eyes popped up panic as his head turn left and right for it "What! The collar where did..." "Migs watch out!" Dulce warned him just in time as another blast came and they both flew up to escape it.

"You can't stay there forever kitties" Sobeko said as he walked away and once it was safe, the two Jaquins landed on the ground. "The collar. We need to find the collar!" "Don't worry Migs, we'll find it" "how could I have lost it, it was on me before..." Migs then realized something, the collar was on him before he and Dulce started playing. His face had realization to anger as he turn to Dulce with a hint of blame, her ears flatten a little scared "before you had me get caught up in a game" he said as Dulce got surprised that he was blaming her "The collar must have slipped off me when we were playing" "Migs I'm so sorry I didn't mean for this to happen" "And you didn't think this would happen either. why did King Verago pair me up with someone like you?!" He snapped at her angrily close to her face his words hurted Dulce's feelings "I really am sorry Migs here let me help you find it..." "NO!" His snap made Dulce get scared and she backed away from him "You head back to King Verago. I'm going to find the collar and deal with Sobeko on my own".

Migs said furious as he walked away, Dulce felt her heart sting from his words and slowly flew away her ears down in sadness and hurt. Migs looked everywhere for the collar "hmm" his eyes then followed the rock where he and Dulce cannonball "Gasp! That's it! Maybe I can see the collar if I'm up" Migs flew up his eyes scanned but then something else got his focus...Dulce. He shook his head trying to forget it "It's all her fault the collar's gone" he told himself as he kept searching.

Dulce was flying off droopy and still feeling hurt from Migs's words but her eyes caught something below. She landed near a waterhole to get closer look, something shiny can be spotted in the water.

Migs was still searching but his mind was too focused on Dulce, he tried to shake it off but he started to realize he actually missed Dulce and she was fun to have around, guilt started to get out of Migs as he decided it be best to find her and apologize. He heard a rustle in the bushes below him "Dulce?" He asked hoping it was her and her tricks...but it wasn't. It was Sobeko. He lunged out swiping with his claws out, Migs tried flying away but the crocodile grabbed his leg.

Dulce to her surprise found the collar but her ears perked at a snarl "Migs!" She quickly flew over there knowing he was in trouble. Migs kept struggling to get off Sobeko's grip but failed to notice the crocodile's amulet glowing "Let's see how you do when you can't fly" he said evilly as the amult zapped Migs and he fell on the ground exhausted.

"Migs!" Sobeko was suddenly bodyslammed by Dulce. She quickly went to Migs's side helping him stand up "You ok Migs?" He shook his head from the blast and was surprised to see her "Dulce?" The crocodile was back on his feet growling. "Come on Migs!" Dulce told him as she flew up but when he tried flying, he fell to the ground.

"Migs?" "I can't fly anymore Dulce!" He told her his ears down in panic as Sobeko shot red magic at them and the two dodged it. "Then run!" she told him and they made a run for it dodging the magic blasts and taking cover behind a cliff. "Come out kitties, I got a fun game to play and it's called blast the Jaquins! Haha!"

Sobeko taunted them as his eyes scanned the place. Migs and Dulce were catching their breaths when Migs notice Dulce wearing the collar. "Dulce you found the collar?" "Yeah. I'm sorry it for lost because of me." Dulce gave him the collar but his paw pushed it back to her "No you can still fly. You'll have to catch Sobeko"

Dulce couldn't believe this. Her partner was actually counting on her to catch the crocodile shaman.

Her eyes spotted some rocks and one of them look like a stand. Dulce's eyes popped open with an idea and a smile "Migs I think I know what we can do"

Sobeko still kept looking for the jaquins "Oh Sobeko!" Migs's voice came and Sobeko turn to face him. His eyes widen in surprise when he found that somehow Migs had regain his ability to fly. "What?! But how?!" He rubbed his head in confusion but what Sobeko didn't know was it a trick.

Migs was actually standing on a rock on his stomach behind a more larger rock and Dulce pushed his wings up and down to make it look like he was flying. "It's working" Migs whispered to Dulce, the crocodile was taking the bait.

"I don't know how you restore your flying but I'll just have to take it back again!" The amulet shot a red magic blast at him. Migs stood his ground and endure the magic going through him.

"Haha...wait what?!" Sobeko was surpised to find Migs had spread his wings with a fierce and confident smile "now!" He said as Dulce flew up and aimed the gem from the collar at the crocodile which shot a blue magic blast. Sobeko tried using his magic but the blue magic was so quick it caught the crocodile as he let out a growl and was trapped in the amulet.

Dulce turn to Migs "Migs are you ok?" "Even better Dulce" he flew up and this time he really did fly. The amulet had restored Migs's flying and it made Dulce happy to see that.