Chapter 3: Meeting Dulce

Migs took a nice long stretch as he waited patiently for his partner to arrive but something behind him was stalking in the grass, the figure knocked a rock that rolled off and landed near Migs' paw. He turned around seeing the figure and snarling Migs ran straight to them and pounced.

But he didn't expect the stalker to leap at the same time as him and the two collided rolling straight to the pond with a splash. Migs bursted out of the water first with a lily pad on his head, the figure popped out revealing to be a purple jaquin with dark purple feathers "Oh um I'm sorry um are you the um partner Verago sent?" Migs asked a little embarrassed. The purple jaquin climbed out of the water shaking her fur to dry off.

"Yep and when King Verago told me that I was gonna be partner with you I just couldn't say no" she said excited as she flew up close to him their noses almost touching, Migs had his ears back in surprise as he step back for some space "Ok and you are..." "Oh my name's Dulce" "Dulce that's a nice name. I'm..." "Migs! I know your like one of the best jaquin guards!" Dulce flew up excited her reaction reminded Migs of Skylar when he's excited.

"Ok. Um let's get looking we have to find Sobeko before he causes trouble" Migs suggested as the two Jaquins flew up and began their search.

Back to the cubs

"Hey where's Isa?" Skylar questioned noticing she wasn't with them, the younger princess was at the library she gasped in excitement as she found the book she was looking for "Hey Isa!" She looked down from the railing to see Skylar and the cubs "Hey why you ran off?" He asked as the cubs flew up the stairs and nuzzled the young princess making her giggle "I thought I find a book that might tell more about this Sobeko guy you told us about"

She held up a book the cover had four squares each was an animal from Vallestrella including the jaquin, velociervo, peabunny and sunbird. "Hey didn't I tell you to wait until..." Skylar winced when he tried climbing the stairs his wing was stinging so he got back down resting. Isabel and the cubs felt bad for him so they climbed down "You ok Sky?" "Yeah it's just no fun with a hurt wing" Isabel hugged Skylar and with the cubs it became a group hug which made Skylar very happy "gracias amigos. Now who wants to hear more of the story?" "ME!" All four of them said together.

Meanwhile with Elena and the others

"Gabe look!" Naomi pointed towards Migs,Mateo and Elena finally arriving. "What took you guys so long?" Luna asked as she licked her paw "Well two Jaquins decided it be fun if they had a little catfight" Mateo said as Migs lowered his ears embarrassed "aw I wanted to see Migsy in action" Dulce said in a fake pout while Luna chuckled "And where's Skylar? Did he go flying off somewhere" "Actually Luna, Skylar hurt his wing" Elena explained which made the others feel bad and a little worried "Aw poor Skylar" Naomi said.

"Elena's letting him stay at the Palace with Isabel and the cubs to babysit them" Mateo explained "Ok let's go look for the Delgados" Elena told them as she got back on Migs and the Jaquins flew off. In midair, Dulce notice her mate down and flew close enough to talk to him "You ok Migs?" "Huh? Oh uh yeah?" "Migs is this because I called you Migsy?" "No no not at all its just...I'm the one who hurt Skylar and I'm just worried leaving the cubs with him" he told her as his ears fell.

"Migs you trust Skylar right?" "Of course" she stared at him with a raised eyebrow and a smirk before it turn to a gentle smile "Then the cubs will be fine, Skylar may be a loose cannon but hey remember what I was like when we first met?" Migs looked at her not saying anything and he finally smiled at her chuckling a little "I guess your right and Skylar has matured" Dulce nuzzled her mate affectionately earning a purr from him "Don't worry our babies will be ok let's just try and focus on finding those no good Delgados" she reminded him as they continued their search.