||98||

Shikamaru's PoV

"Shikamaru, its your turn," dad called, I hummed and looked down at the shogi board to see he was right, it was my turn.

"You're mind is somewhere else. Are you scared?" dad asked as I moved my piece.

"No I'm not scared, but one bad decision and my comrades could die. Y/n could die," I looked down sadly, recalling my last meeting with Lady Tsunade.

"Shikamaru I really need you to step up," Lady Tsunade started, "I'm relying on your sharp intellect and leadship skills to get us through this along with many others. I need you to step up to lead a team."

"Yes Lady Tsunade," I nodded. The nervous pit in my stomach seemed to grow.

What a drag... The more I see her the more I get nervous and worried.

"I also need you to find out what y/n is up to. The l/n clan has always been one for hiding secrets away from the village. However, at times like these those strange behaviours of theirs isn't going to work out in our or their favour," she continued. I nodded, I understood what she meant.

"I understand but I haven't seen y/n since the war counsil," I told her, she frowned and leaned forward on the hands in thought.

"Do you know where she would be?" she asked, I shook my head, "have you asked?"

"Yes. Everyone keeps telling me that she's busy."

"They won't let you see her?" she pushed.

"No."

"Strange... You're her boyfriend. You would think you'd get a pass of some kind to see her," she commented, now leaning back in her chair again.

You don't need to remind me.

It's such a drag not being able to see her.

I feel... Lonely... Like-- ah its hard to explain.

"Either way, Shikamaru, I'm depending on you to step up and help and lead when it's needed," Tsunade did a whole topic 180 and then dismissed me.

Not only is the fact I'm being depended on so much weighing down on me, but not being able to see y/n for days on end is not making it any better.

"So what do I do? What can I do? I just have doubts," I poured out my thoughts to my father. He's a wise guy, I'm sure he's probably complaining in his head but the way he's looking at me. Seriousness and concern on his face. He's going to spit of some of his well spoken wisdom.

"It appears that you're stuck in repetition too," dad replied, I looked at him confused before looking down at the board. I gasped. No way.

Repetiton, when each player has the same pieces on the shogi board as he does in his hand. Which means that four consecutive occurrences of this will result in a draw.

Dad messed up the pieces.

"Don't loose sight of your goal," he tells me, "go see Naruto... Or even better, y/n."

"There's a supply mission, I think it'll be a nice diversion for you. You should go, I'll recommend you for it," he tells me before leaving me where I was sat.

"I suppose it won't hurt to try," I muttered, standing up and shoving my hands in my pockets before walking towards home. I decided I'd take the diversion past the l/n meeting place first before going there to get ready for the mission.

Just in time too because there she was.

Y/n was walking with Zyra to the meeting place with a stack of paper in her arms.

"Y/n!" I shouted, her head looked up, to the left and then to the right to where I was. The frowned that was on her face disappeared and changed to a smile when she saw me. I ran over to them and forced myself to not hug her.

"I'll take those down for you but, y/n, you have 5 minutes before the meeting begins," Zyra warned her. She just nodded and sighed before passing the papers to Zyra and waiting until she was gone.

"H-hey," I smiled and looked away nervously.

What a drag, I haven't seen her for a week and suddenly I feel nervous around her again.

"Hello," she smiled at me before sighing and dropping her head against my chest, "how much I have missed you, Shika."

At least she missed me.

"I missed you too, y/n," I replied, wrapping my arms around her and hugging her tightly, hiding my head in her shoulder and squeezing her. I feel like if I let her go, I'll loose her or she'll just disappeared.

What a pain, she's so troublesome.

She hugged me back, I felt her grip on my back tighten as she hugged me back. I sighed and pulled away. Cupping her face in my hands and looking down into her e/c eyes.

"Y/n! Time for the meeting!" Zyra's voice echoed up at us.

She sighed.

"What a pain," she growled before stepping out of my hold. I frowned but grabbed her again, kissing her. We separated and she pulled me back kissing me again before turning around.

"Well time to go and have myself pushed back and forth like a ragdoll because they doing like what I'm telling them," she sighed just as Tenten came flying over to us.

"y/n, I don't care what you've got planned. Clear up your schedule tonight, the girls are having a girls only get together and you're coming. Meet us at the barbecue restaurant at 6!" she ordered before running away again.

"Y/n!" Zyra shouted again.

"I'm coming!" y/n shouted back at her in an annoyed tone, "I'll see you another day or whenever I can, Shika."

She kissed my cheek and grabbed my hand, looking at it and then reluctantly letting go before turning and walking down the stairs and into the meeting room.

I didn't find my answer, I guess I'll have to hope I find it with Naruto. But... It was nice to see her after such a long while.