||36||

"You had us worried as hell!" Yoshino shouted while we ate.

"I'm sorry for making you worry," I sighed. I feel like I'm a broken record at the moment.

"Please never take over my missions again," Shikaku begged.

"Your mission?" I questioned.

"You mean you didn't know? That mission was my dads originally," Shikamaru told me. I blinked a few times in surprise.

"I didn't. I just got the mission and left," I shrugged. We all sat in silence for a moment but Shikamaru seemed to remember something and stretched his hand out. He had my father's ring in his hand.

"Keep it. I have no use for two," I told him. I felt the stares of his parents on us and then sighed.

"I should be going home, I really need a good night's sleep and I'm not getting it by arguing," I said as I stood up. Yoshino grabbed my wrist.

"Why not stay here? You know we have a spare bedroom and we haven't had you over here in ages," she suggested. I thought for a little before sighing and sitting back down.

"OK, I'll stay," I nod, she smiled a wide smile.

"Come play shogi, y/n?" Shikamaru gets up and we start walking to his room.

"Sure," I get up and follow him.

We sit down and start playing.

We sit in silence the only sound is the clicking of the wooden pieces against the board.

We were about half way through the game when he finally started talking.

"What're you planning?" he asked.

"I don't understand," I replied, one piece, second piece.

"You are planning something aren't you?"

I looked up to see him not focusing on the game but on my expression.

"I guess," I shrugged.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Well if you must know, I'm thinking about going off to find someone and to train again," I told him, looking down and concluding the game.

I won for the first time.

"Who?" he asked.

"Is this the real reason why you asked me to play?" I asked before standing up and looking into the hallway and closing the door. I then sat back down, leaning against the end of his bed.

"If you must know, there's a branch of my family still alive. I know where they are...kind of. I want to find them not only to tell them about my father but also so I can get better with my jutsu," I told him, "I can't have Honoko teaching me what I already know over an over. Only people who can use this jutsu can teach me."

"When?"

"I was going to ask Lady Tsunade tomorrow after I'd reported something to her," I told him. His eyes were telling me everything.

"2 to 3 years," I tell him, "that's how long I was planning to be out."

"Naruto has just left for training too. Are you sure?" he asked. He was trying so hard to stop me from going.

"Why are you so adamant to keep me here?" I asked him, leaning forward. He sighed and stood up, moving to my side and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Because I don't want to loose you.."