You Haunt me in my Dreams

I might have been gone awhile, but look, I'm back! A filler dream chapter! Happy reading. c':

Chapter 7;

Tyler's POV;

Standing...

I stood there just waiting. But what exactly was it, I was waiting for? 

My mom?

My dad?

Hailey?

I looked at the figure in front of me and squinted. Who was that? I reached out for he or she, and they reached out, but their face was a blur.

That was until I screamed.

"No! Max, come back!"

Max..? What was going on?!

"Tyler! come back!" He yelled back, reaching out. Huh.. When did his face un-blur?

I saw the tears stream down my face and the agony in his, we were scared. Something was pulling us back from each other, but what? I had no idea what to do.. Or how to reach him. All I knew was that, I needed him.

I kept screaming, crying harder, and wasting useless energy to reach him. Why couldn't I just reach this damned fool! 

He had somehow slipped away from his shadow.. Why his shadow? Why couldn't I escape mine?  

What was holding me back?! 

Just as our fingertips brushed, he was pulled back into the abyss, as if something was holding him back. Was this what my life would be like with Max?

Maybe if we just forgot about everything, we would actually have a chance.

"Max! Forget everyone and everything! Just let it go and I will, too!" I screamed at him.

It seemed as if the weights of everything let us go as we ran towards each other. He had picked me up and spun me around.

Our lips lightly brushed past each others, and..

I woke up after that, screaming, sweating, panting. I was sitting up, my mom running over to me, craddling me in her arms, shushing me quietly. I hugged her back, sobbing quietly.

What was that all about..? More importantly, why didn't I get to seem the ending? Did we get pulled back? Or did we live happily ever after?

Actually.. Was this our reality?