Saving Clary

Jace's POV( point of view)

The Clave had appointed me for a mission and I had to leave the Institue for about a day or so. Later, I found out that the mission alarm was a fluke. I hated leaving Clary alone but I think she would be safe in the Institute, besides she also has Alec and Izzy.

" She would be fine" I tried to convince myself for the umpteenth time that day, as I made my way to the Institute.

I called out and checked the bedrooms, there was no one there. I got worried and then remembered, of course, they didn't expect me to be back this early. I took that as an advantage and got to work to surprise Clary, when she got home. Just thinking about her, in her Shadowhunter outfit dripping with Ichor made my heart ache. We had this constant argument of her being a Shadowhunter. Her stubbornness eventually won, but I refused to talk to her for about days in a stretch until finally, she said she was sorry. I was so glad she did because I knew she would be safe and also, I would have died if I hadn't talked to her that day.

Then midway down my visit to memory lane, the Institute door banged open and stood Alec, with an unconscious Clary in his arms.

Alec POV

I was about to go Demon hunting at Pandemonium when Clary ran to me and begged me to take her. I knew Jace would be angry to put Clary in such danger, but she was strong and man, was she beautiful. She would be the perfect bait for the demons since Izzy wasn't coming. She was apparently to busy going to a date with that bloodsucker. Anyways, Jace wouldn't be back for a day, so I agreed.

Clary POV

Without Izzy's sense of style, I had to manage on my on. I wore a green strapless dress with a halter neck, adorned with jewels. It fitted me perfectly, showing all the curves I didn't know I had. The dress covered my runes perfectly, I took two daggers and a stele and hid it in my knee-length black boots. I left my red hair open and added mascara to my eyes.

"Perfect," I said to myself. Izzy would be proud.

When I told Alec that I was ready to leave, he eyed me, grinned and said

" Nice outfit, Clary".

Alec's POV

There were only 3 Ravener demons.

"This would be easy," I said to Clary.

She went over to them and spoke in the most seducing voice ever. I saw her slowly leading them to the storeroom. The demons were eying her hungrily. The nerve of them.I slowly followed them and stood outside the storeroom waiting for my cue.

Clary's POV

Once we were in the storeroom, the demons encircled me and started attacking. I flipped forward countering their attack and took out my daggers in the process.  I cut one of the arms of the demon and stabbed my dagger in it's chest, ichor spilt out of him as he disintegrated. Some of the ichor fell on me and it burnt like hell. I had only one dagger left and 2 demons trying to pounce on me. I kicked the first demon and stabbed my dagger repeatedly into the second one until it disintegrated completely. Before I had time to react to the deep wound on my side that was spilling out blood, the last demon came at me. I was unarmed with no daggers left. The demon thrust his claws and pulled it out. I felt dizzy and saw Alec's horrified face before the voids of darkness consumed me.

Alec POV

I was making my way to Clary but got held of by a few demons. I had never seen those demons before but had read about them in a book. They were pretty easy to kill once you know the weakest point in their body. I was about to give the final blow but froze when I heard Clary's screams. I ran as fast as I could and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the Ravener demon, with its claw inside Clary's stomach. I stabbed the demon in the back with my Seraph blade and picked clary up bridal style.

I felt my stomach lurch when I saw Clary's lifeless body in my arms. She had a faint pulse, with blood flowing freely across her body.

"Clary, please stay with me, I will never forgive myself if you die"

I called Magnus. He picked up in 2 rings.

That's pretty fast for a warlock who has about a hundred clients per day. {Our conversation went something like this.}

Magnus:" Hey sweetheart, come to momma"

Alec:  "Magnus, now is not the time. I am really s-scared. I"... as my voice trailed off.

Magnus: "ALEXANDER. DO YOU HEAR ME? Is Camille there? Are you okay, of course, you are not okay? I am coming to get you don't move, Do you hear me, don't move."

He hung up before I could even reply. I felt tears streaming down my cheeks, I had to help Clary no matter what. I fumbled for my stele, but my pockets were empty, later remembering that I had given them to Jace. Just thinking about my Parabatai's reaction gave me goosebumps.

I told her" Hold in there, help is coming" although I was not pretty sure myself"

------------------------------------------------

I reached the institute, panting heavily and saw Jace in front of me, wide-eyed and afraid. He pulled Clary into his arms, cuddling her and slapped me. He yelled " Alec, you had one job, one job. You're a useless piece of crap".

I have never felt so ashamed of myself. I just kept my head down and said in a meek voice," I am so-so sorry Jace"

" Well, sorry is not enough" He replied venemously.

I felt like I was burning one second and freezing the other. I didn' tell Jace because he already was under way too much pressure. The sensation was now increasing to the point of no return. I felt like I was about to pass out.

As soon as he headed to the infirmary with Clary, I fumbled to get my phone, Clary had gifted it to me on my 19th Birthday. Thinking about her made me break down into tears again, how I was always distant to her. She was like my little sister now, but I would never admit it. I promised myself, that if Clary survives this, I would do anything she want's. It's just one of those weird promises you make to yourself when the people you love are on the verge of death because of you. I called Magnus and heard him speak when the phone slipped from my grasp and I felt myself fall on the ground, waiting for an impact but there was none. I saw red circles in front of my eyes and everything blacked out.