20 - Unfaithful Ends

Mert Yilmaz was pleased with himself after an evening of productive small meetings. The president of Turkey loved being on a world stage. He loved the elevation of his smallish country to the position of a key player in important world events. He had been doing this for many years and knew just how to draw the greatest pleasure out of being fluffed up for the cameras and the ceremony. Tomorrow, he would have his fifteen minutes at center stage. It was just what was needed to raise his sagging popularity at home. He loved it that none of his enemies could come along. They could eat dirt and be ignored for a few days anyway. He could take his well-deserved place again among the world's most important leaders.

Mert also loved bringing Ece along on these trips as she was the best possible companion in the spotlight that he so deserved. She looked ten years younger than her mid-50's. She had learned to lighten up her head covering for these events and always let a little of her gorgeous dark hair frame her face.

Her look was both classically beautiful and erotically alluring. Her long private moments of careful preparation before the mirror yielded a stunning result that always turned men's heads.

Mert loved showing Ece off in front of the assembled leaders, particularly in contrast to their endlessly boring wives. He imagined each of the older men desiring her and each of the craggy older women cursing her. As he traded barely-veiled barbs with these, mostly slimy, politicians, he could count on Ece charming them off their game without saying a word. Ugly wives were usually pushed away to the corners of the room. None of the returning leaders wanted to look at them again each year. But, he made sure that Ece was always at his side, as he imagined that they all wanted to look at her for as long as they could.

With her there to demonstrate his fidelity, he could also get away with walking his eyes up and down some of the newer wives. The fresh crop of Western wives was almost always worth looking at as they felt no shame in showing long legs and a little tit. It was something he never got outside of his home back in Turkey, unless he paid for it. He appreciated it on-offer freely here.

Now, as they retired in the comfort of the mid-sized luxury suite, he was happy to tell her again what a great support she was. They had both peeled off the public facades. He had donned woven cotton pyjamas and a wonderful embroidered silk robe that he had found waiting in the room, courtesy of their host country.

Ece had thoroughly removed her face make-up and had scrubbed her skin to a pink glow. Her hair was up and her still-enticing body was now lost in layered sets of baggy work-out gear. She had plunked herself on the floor and spent twenty quiet minutes stretching and meditating before bed. They had missed prayers several times that day, but he didn't care much. They were as devote as the circumstances dictated. And right now, circumstance dictated that they try to catch up on sleep missed in three days of travel and adjustment to the Far-East time zone.

They laughed to each other as they climbed up onto the high bed, which put them almost two meters apart on the giant king-sized-plus mattress. Ece commented that even though they were actually sleeping together, they would be in different rooms of their tiny childhood homes.

Mert liked the somewhat novel experience of having his wife in the same bed, even if she was well beyond arm's reach. At home, they normally lurked in opposite ends of their government mansion. He smiled and turned out the light. Blackness filled in the room.

Sleep never came quickly when the body clock and the actual clock are out of synch. But, exhaustion helped, and the quiet, dark room set the stage for some much-needed deep sleep. As Mert eventually began to doze off, he thought again about how lucky his country was to have him. He felt that he worked extra hard on its behalf even if the peasants never fully appreciated the sacrifices a leader must make. He must write a book about himself one day. He was thinking of mentally reviewing his speech for the next day, when the pleasant smell of the lightly perfumed fine cotton under his cheek interrupted. He wondered how he might take sheets like these home with him. Perhaps, if he complimented the inn-keeper. Then, he was asleep.