~*Chapter Twelve*~ Makeover From Hell

I invited Ino and Sakura over to stay a couple of nights, telling them I wanted to teach them some useful jutsu before we all separated into the forest of death days later. Ino showed up first. As she sat down, I hugged her tightly. “I have so much to tell you! So much has happened since I last saw you…” I started from the beginning. From falling for our sensei, him living across the hall from me, him kind of rejecting me before I knew my feelings, my cousin dying, then ending it all with how my sour mood has stuck around ever since, although I was slowly getting over that.

“Woah.. I missed a lot… I’m sorry…” I gave a sigh. “Well, there’s not much anyone can do, I guess…” Soon Sakura showed up, and surprisingly, they both got along, considering the circumstances.

For about an hour or so, I taught them healing jutsu, just in case they came across any difficulties during the next test. Once they had pretty much mastered them, I went to the kitchen to cook, with them following me and sitting at the breakfast bar.

“I know what’ll cheer you up!” Sakura sang, whilst putting her dishes in the sink, followed by Ino. “What do you have in mind Sakura?” I asked. “Me and Ino can give you a makeover!” My eyes widened. “Um… No.” She pouted. “Aww come on!” I refused, as I made my way to the living room. “Come on, it’ll be fun! Just think! You can show yourself off and make him regret rejecting you!!” I stopped and turned to them, thinking about what Ino had just said. “Do you… Really think that would work? What am I saying, that’s stupid!” Sakura stepped forward, inspecting me. “Hmm.. You don’t have much self esteem do you?” I gulped, making my answer obvious. “That’s why he dumped you in the first place! Guys like girls with confidence!” Ino injected. “Yeah… OR I’m just a student to him… Plus there’s an age difference… PLUS I’m not really cute… At all.” I muttered to myself, but they both heard me, giving me a good bonk on the head. “Trust us. This will help you in the long run.” Sakura agreed. “And then Kakashi sensei will be all over you.” “I’ll believe that when I see it…” “So we can?!” They both somewhat yelled. I sighed. “Fine.”

“When was the last time you brushed your hair?!” Ino questions, finally able to tame the mess, making it longer than it first appeared. “Um… Last week? I just put gel in it and leave it be.” They both sighed in unison. “Ino. We’ve got some serious work to do.”

CLICK

After poking, prodding, brushing, plucking, dabbing, then changing, They were finally done. “I think we did ourselves proud!” Sakura sang, turning to Ino and high fiving. They handed me a purse, and shoes, then ushered me out the door. “Hey! What gives!?” “Go shopping or something!” Ino quirked. “Yeah! Show off the new you! Once you realize how many people notice your beauty, you’ll have more confidence!” Sakura added. “Now here’s your wallet. Now, off you go!” Ino sang, pushing me out of my condo and locking the door. “Did… That really just happen?” I questioned myself, shrugging, then leaving to wander the town for a bit.

PIC ON THE SIDE!!>>>>>>>>>>>

Not long after I leave people start doing double takes. I couldn’t help but smile to myself. I looked myself in a store mirror and thoroughly examined myself. I looked older because of the make up, and I looked prettier too. Feeling more confident about myself, seemed to make me look ten times cuter. I stopped by the Dango dojo to say hello and grab a bag of pork buns and a bag of diet and regular dango, then made my way to the Raman shop, knowing we’d all get hungry again soon enough.