Bonus chapter

*** Viewer discretion is advised- explicit content ahead. 

The chapter is long and a bit of a slow burn. But if i was going to do this i wanted to do it right. 

Thank you so much to Boxing_sass_master and Hannahjc27 who did me the honor of helping me with this chapter. I am so incredibly thankful for you input in helping me stay true to the characters you've come to love. You're brilliant. xoxo

Bonus chapter

She was judging me. Hard.

"One bed?" she asked for the second time, staring down her nose at the finger next to my pinkie on my left hand. I breathed in loudly and deep through my nose before sighing it out. When I gave a jerky nod, her brows furrowed slightly as they raised, her head tilted back and her lips pulled into the full sourpuss, cementing my position in her bad books. I see.

Judging by the large religious symbol, prominently displayed on a gaudy chain around her neck, the statues and statuettes around the room, and the large paintings on the walls, I had an inkling she would explain away her bitchy personality as religious commitment. What horseshit.

I was sending her a death glare. Her eyebrows remained lofty and her lips remained pursed in condescending judgement as she took out a pen and began to manually book us in – the reason we chose the sleepy little bed and breakfast. No computer systems. No hackable bit of database that would point to our presence and no system that would register our identity documentation as falsified. We were there, Washington, DC, to meet a few shady characters who might be able to offer services in finding my sister. Why is it that scumbags and politicians always migrate to the same local?

It'd been a week since I'd found Matthew teaching his history class. One week since our five-year hiatus. A week, and he and I still hadn't-

An arm of heavy, warm muscle draped over my shoulder and pulled me into a very attractive, very muscular side.

"Thank you so much." Matthew's voice was thick and sugary like molasses. Delectable. But it didn't stop the growing sneer on my face as I glared at the arrogant old bitch in front of me. The need to hiss grew exponentially as her sourpuss flattened into a thin line when she eyed the way I was pressed into his side. My lips pulled away from my teeth and I was about to let one rip when the arm around my shoulder dropped and, rather unexpectedly, a sharp sting drew across my left ass-cheek as the sound of Matthew slapping it filled the room. I whipped a narrow-eyed look at him as she gave him an expression of pure horror and disgust.

He grinned at me salaciously, and the mischief in his expression amused me. I wanted to kill her, he just wanted to piss her off.

"Here." She just about whipped the key - on its pretty little wire rose keychain – at Matthew.

I opened my mouth to remind her that "judge not" was important both to the path of religious righteousness but also in the quest to not being an asshole.

Matthew beat me to it. The hand on my ass squeezed and twisted me with a quick flick of his wrist that had my entire front pressed up against his in a way that was far too intimate to be appropriate in public. Said hand held onto said body part with enough force to pull me up against him really, really tightly – my chest pressed against his so tight that the contents of my bra hurt and my stomach pressed flush against his core and hips. The indignant "Hey!" that was about to snark out of my mouth was stopped by his other hand twisting a rough fist into my short hair; the move was more porn flick than romantic comedy. The thing that shut me up most predominantly was his mouth, which ambushed mine in a way that was a little bit more than aggressive. It was dominating, possessive, and certain to set the innkeeper off to find the nearest pitchfork and torch. And honestly, I wanted to be pissed about being turned into a spectacle...