Chapter 10

{Alexander}

The girls couldn’t get the next plane so they had to stay for the night. I made sure the girls were all packed so when they woke up they could just go. I wanted them gone as soon as possible.

“Night pops!” Jessica whispered.

“Goodnight.” Charley whispered and turned off her side light.

“Goodnight my beautiful twins.”

We’d spent ages packing up our things that it was now one in the morning. I walked out of their hotel suit and quietly shut their door. I’d already checked on Sapphire and she was sleeping peacefully.

I made my way to mine and Sandra’s room. It was only across the way from the twins so I didn’t have far to walk.

As I walked into our room Sandra was just sitting on the bed in a trance.

“Hey” I said to her walking to the kitchen that was built into our room to make a sandwich.

I was expecting a reply but I didn’t get one. Minutes had passed by and she still didn’t say anything to me. So I decided to go to the room she was in and see if she was ok.

“Sandra?” I asked quietly. She didn’t reply. “Sandra please talk to me...” I said climbing on the bed and sitting in front of her.

“Sandra please!” I hated when she was like this! I never knew what to say or do.

“Sandra Marie Williams talk to me!” I said a bit louder.

“You’ll fix this, right Alex?” she said looking me straight in the eyes.

“I promise” I whispered grabbing her hand. The hand that said she was mine and off limits to other men. I then began to play with the ring absentmindedly.

“Alex-”

“I love you so much Sandra. I promise I’ll come back to you” I said reassuringly and got into bed

***

I woke up with Sandra lying next to me peacefully with her eyes closed.

 “San, you should really go get ready.” I said whispering waiting for her eyes to open so I could look into her chocolate eyes. I knew she was already awake. She always woke up before me. She nodded and went to get up. Before she left to get ready she kissed me on the chest where my tattoo was.

I got out of bed and pulled on a pair of joggers and a loose fitting top.

I walked over to the twin’s room so I could wake them up. But when I got there they were already awake and dressed.

“Morning old man!” they both shouted.

“Why so happy this morning girls?”

“We’re going home! And mum said we could go shopping to get ready for going back to school!” they yelled.

“You guys and your shopping!” I said laughing. These girls could shop for the whole of England!

“OK, well, meet your mother down in the lobby in half an hour OK? And make sure you are on time otherwise you’ll miss your plane!

“Yes dad” they both said in unison.

“Come on then...Come give your old man a hug.” and in a blink of an eye I had two girls at my side hugging me for dear life.

“Love you Dad!”

“Love you too children” I said slightly tickling them both.

Before they could even attempt to tickle me back I made a quick getaway and walked back to my room to see Sandra ready to go. I gave her one last hug and kiss and went off to Sapphire’s room.