Chapter 1

Today is the first day of summer and we're all going to Spain. We never go on holiday, but this is a special occasion. My dad is home for the summer which is weird because he never gets time off! I've been living with the Williams for eleven years now and I can genuinely say that I'm happy! It hasn't been easy adjusting and fitting in but I've done it!

I was so happy when mum told me we were going to Spain. And even more so when she told me that dad was coming as well! I don't think I would've lasted 4 weeks with the twins and my mum. I never have been the girly girl type. I like to keep to myself and observe situations.

This took me back to my days in school. I didn't want to make friends. I didn't like getting close to people at all. I felt threatened by the term "friends." However, as my school years went on I learnt from my dad that it's good to make a couple friends. Friends that you can talk to whenever you want and hang out with. I didn't believe my dad at first when he told me.

"It's good to make friends Sapphire! You see all the friends your sisters have! Even your mum has friends and we all know she's quite the loner!" My dad had said one time over dinner. I hadn't even realised that I took what he said into consideration until I started talking to my classmate one day who later on went on to be one of my best friends.

"Hey, did you do the essay for history?" I whispered knowing full well that she did. She was the "geek" of the class apparently. She looked at me a bit startled before she nodded her head.

"I did yeah." She murmured. Our teacher was sitting at the front calling out our names. We weren't supposed to be talking right now.

"Same here," I said smiling over at the red head. "I can't wait till this lesson is over, I don't even want to see her face when she reads the first few sentences of my essay!" I said laughing quietly. The red head looked over at me trying not to laugh at me. Everyone in this class knew that I didn't like history.

"Do you want to sit with us at lunch today? You don't have to if you don't wanna..." The girl said fiddling with her fingers. I stared at her for a minute just looking at her. Her red hair was pulled into a messy bun just like mine and her brown eyes glistened as she listened to the teacher telling us what we were going to do today whilst waiting for my reply patiently.

"What's your name?" I asked her leaning forward so she could hear me a bit better.

"Danielle Harper! And your name is Sapphire Williams." She said not even taking her eyes off the teacher. I bit my lip hard trying to stop myself from correcting her.

"I'll sit with you at lunch Harps" I said turning back to the teacher. She offered me a place at her table during lunch so the least I could do was be nice back to her if I was going to give this whole "Making friends" thing a go.

I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when Jessica bursts in. I just glare at her.

"What do you want Jessica?" I asked getting irritated. Returning back to my suitcase.

"Shut up freak..." she countered back.

"Don't call me a freak Jessica!" I cut in turning around before she could even finish.

"Who do you think you are? You can't tell me what to do in my own home! You freak! See! I said it again. What are you going to do about it, Sapphire?" Jess glared egging me on with her cold eyes whilst trying to making herself look intimidating. I bit my lip holding back my laugh.

"Get out of my room, Jessica," I looked at Jessica and saw that Charley was standing next to her. "You too, Charley, I still have to pack." I said bluntly. I really didn't have time for these two.