→ⁿᶦⁿᵉ

Episode Nine: New Names𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊

𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊𖥸❊

   "-being crammed into a house with a bunch of fucking assholes? You want this to be your life?" Campbell spat at Harry. I had just walked through the door, coming back from the sign up sheet to be a council member. Mayor just seemed too much.
   I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "Fuck off, Campbell." I set my phone down on the table that Harry and Campbell were seated up. "You shouldn't make someone run for mayor when they obviously want to. If you want to be in charge so bad, then you run. Don't make someone else do it for you." I spat at him.
   "This is none of your business, Liv." Campbell spat back.
   "None of my business, eh?" I laughed. "Right." I whispered while grabbing my phone and walking away.
   "Now that she's gone, I remember when you used to run this place." I stood outside of the kitchen, listening in on their conversation. Damn, I wish he ate that pie. "Right? This school, the town, man. Nobody could touch you." Campbell exclaimed. I heard Harry laugh in agreement. Campbell laughed along with him. "That guy is still in there. Let's get you back where you belong. Just trust me." Campbell finished. I sighed, and finally went upstairs to change.

   I walked out the house, completely ignore Harry and Campbell, and headed to the church. I knew no one would be there, and I definitely needed some alone time.

   As I walked in the doors, I realized I wanted completely alone. Elle was sitting in one of the back seats.
   "Hey. Would you mind if I joined you?" I asked her.
   "Uh, yeah, sure." Elle scrambled to scooch over. When she did, I sat beside her.
   "I like it here. There's never anyone here, other than the occasional prayer. That's why I like it so much. It's quiet. I usually come here when I need to be alone." I glanced over at her. My eyes got caught to her arm, where a red patch lay. I narrowed my eyes in confusion, and concern. "Are you bleeding?" I asked her, while reaching over to see it.
   "No, it's fine. I'm okay." She tried to wave me away, but I wouldn't let it slide.
   "Elle, no. You're bleeding. Let me see. I can help." Elle sighed in defeat, and lifted up her sleeve. I gasped.
"What is that?" I asked her.
"Campbell gave it to me." She said while pulling down her sleeve.
"Did you want him to give it to you?" I interrogated with my eyes still narrowed. She shook her head in response and her eyes started to water.
"Elle..." I trailed off.
"Everything's fine." She brushed me away.
"Obviously not."
"He's just a little... he just manhandles me a little sometimes, you know?" She looked down at her hands, clearly embarrassed.
"Is he hurting you? There's no need to feel ashamed. You can tell me."
"No, I can't. If- if he finds out, it'll only make things worse." I shook my head
"Everything stays between us. I swear. Cone of silence." I promise her.
"I never know when it's going to happen. Or why. Sometimes he'll just... I'll say that I'm going for a walk or that I'm going to bed. And he'll just... he'll just explode. Sometimes it happens during sex. You know, I used to just... I used to think it was just kinky stuff, you know? Like he was just playful, but... but it's not. It's not." Elle started to cry. "He likes to see me in pain. He likes to see me scared. And I am. Liv, I am. I'm really scared. I'm scared all the time. I just... I feel like his hands are around my throat and I'm just waiting for him to squeeze too tight." Elle finished.
"Elle... I'm so sorry. Let me help. I know you don't want to tell anyone, but... we should talk to Allie."
"No. I don't want to talk to Allie. I can't do that."
"Why not?" I ask while looking up at her.
"It's his word against mine. And I've done... and I've done terrible things too." Elle admitted.
"Elle, I know. But I'm not letting you go back to someone who's abusing you. I get why you wanted to poison him now. Trust me, I would too." I spoke softly.
"I don't have a choice." Elle started to raise her voice.
"But you do. I'm going to find you another home. I would let you stay with me, but Harry's house is already full, and I don't think he'd be too fond of you staying. And Campbell comes over often to see Harry. I'll talk to Helena, okay? I'll let her know, and trust me, she won't say a word." I claim.
"He'll find me." She sobbed.
"You're not safe with him. You'll be safe with Helena." Elle nodded her head.