Hospital

Chapter 10

"Kane!" Jarryd called out as he saw his friend standing at the edge of the lake, staring into the never-ending abyss of water. Kane momentarily snapped back into reality and turned to see Jarryd running at him full speed.

"Stop!" He called out just before the boy came crashing into him, resulting with both of the boys in the water, soaked from head to toe.

As both the boys fell deeper into the water, Kane looked to the surface, watching the light fade away slowly, weighed down by Jarryd?s limp body, unconscious from the shock of crashing into the cold water. Suddenly though his ears were half-numb Kane heard the splash of Kaileb following the two of them into the deep, raging sweeps of the ice-cold lake. Kaileb grabbed the two boys by their waists and dragged them out of the water.

They lay there on the solid concrete edge of the lake, both coughing their lungs until the pain in their chests interminably numbed out. The cold however, did not go away, leaving the boys shivering in their sodden clothes. Not too long after Nicole and Tracy followed Kaileb, both pale with shock as they saw each of their boy?s drenched from the lake water.

They lay there on the solid concrete edge of the lake, both coughing their lungs until the pain in their chests interminably numbed out. The cold however, did not go away, leaving the boys shivering in their sodden clothes. Not too long after Nicole and Tracy followed Kaileb, both pale with shock as they saw each of their boy’s drenched from the lake water.

“Oh my baby!” each cried as they reached their children.

“This could have been avoided.” Kaileb stated as he walked away from the two ladies and their sons.

“How dare you?!” Tracy screeched as he walked away, “Everything was fine until you came along.”

Kaileb stopped in his tracks, whipped around and glared directly at Tracy as he spoke, “Everything was anything but fine! You had two teenage boys, cousins at that, making out with each other behind both of your backs! Twenty three times!” He yelled across the distance, “Twenty three bloody times, they made out before they were told. Can you imagine what they are feeling right now? I hope you can, because I sure as hell can’t even begin to comprehend what is going through these two boys’ minds!”

Tracy and Nicole both stood where they were, Tracy’s frown dropped alongside Nicole’s jaw. Rage begun to surface on Tracy’s face as she shouted across, “Fuck you Kaileb! This didn’t have to happen!”

“Yes, Tracy, it did. You know what didn’t have to happen? Your affair with your sister’s husband! That didn’t have to happen. If you two hadn’t have been as estranged as you were, these boys could have known their relation since childhood, in turn, not leaving them in the dark until now and avoiding the incestuous behavior, and before you go on to take your anger out on them just know it was your actions which led to it!” he said, “I’m done, I can’t believe this has happened, what would Jacob say to the two of you? He’s probably turning in his grave, and your mother? How would she feel about this?”

Again, the two ladies stood in silence, staring with their jaws at their knees. In total awe at what Kaileb had said. He turned away finally after a few moments and walked off to find his car. Kane and Jacob, both unconscious and unaware of what had just gone down, lay there in silence while their mothers nurtured them like sick puppies.

“We have to get them to hospital.” Nicole said, “I don’t want to fight with you over this. If there is anything we have common ground over, it should be our children Tracy. I don’t like you and I will never forgive you for what happened, but right now my son’s life is more important than any feud between the two of us.”