The visit from a stranger that changes everything

Chapter nine

Kane and Jarryd arrived at Kane's house shortly after geting off the bus, as they walked in Kane's mom chirped up.

"So boys, how was school?"

The two boys groaned and threw their bags down on the floor before heading to the kitchen.

"Do you want some tea?" she asked.

"Sure," the two replied in unison, feeling exhausted.

Tracy paced around the kitchen before opening her mouth,

"I heard you had an argument with one of the girls at school, Kane," she started, "Is it true?"

"Maybe." he replied dryly.

"Is it true?"

"Okay, yes, but she was being stupid."

"What do you mean stupid, love?"

"She was annoying Jarryd. She's a bitch."

Tracy looked around in surprise to face Jarryd, who just nodded, looking to his shoes.

"What did she do?"

Before Kane could say anything Jarryd interrupted and told Tracy. "She cheated on me then acted as if nothing happened. Kane told her to go away. That's it." he said, "He was standing my ground."

"Oh." Tracy said in surprise, "I'm proud of you."

"Thanks." Kane mumbled before walking out the kitchen twiddling his thumbs. Followed by Jarryd, Kane went up to his room.

"What's up man?" Jarryd asked him.

"Nothing's up. I just don't talk to my mum about school." Kane replied.

"You and I both know that isn't true, come on, tell me what's up. I'm your best friend. You're supposed to tell me everything." Jarryd pressed.

Kane took a step closer then turned away, he looked down and breathed a heavy sigh through his mouth. "But I want you to be more than my best friend." he whispered to himself.

"What?"

"Nothing." Kane stopped, "I said nothing."

"I heard you man. What did you say?" Jarryd pressed again.

Kane swung himself around, threw himself onto Jarryd and pushed his lips against the matching pair.

"I want you to be more than just my best friend Jarryd." he said quietly, looking down to his hands, he was twiddling his fingers again.

"Why didn't you say anything then?"

"Because you were with that bitch, and then we kissed, and now we've done it a few times and I didn't know how you felt or if you were just 'experimenting' or what!" he burst out, his face glowing with embarassment.

"Kane, I like you." Jarryd said bluntly.

"I know but-"

"But nothing, I like you, and I like you a lot. So let's see where this goes. I'm not afraid of it. Are you?"

"Yes." Kane whispered, looking at their feet standing toe to toe.

Jarryd leaned in and placed his lips gently on Kane's and reassured him that everything will be fine.

Tracy, only a few minutes later came up the stairs and swung the bedroom door open with her hip, holding the two mugs of tea as promised moments ago. As she leapt through the door, with a mug in either hand, the two boys couldn't have been on farther sides of the room from one another. Kane just looking over to Jarryd, grinning. Just as that moment passed and Tracy sat the mugs down, the doorbell rang. She seemed in a positive mood and sprung down the staircase to the door. As she opened it and saw who it was, her smille dropped.