The Unusual Confession

• Dedicated to Meagan Louise Jade Cloke

Chapter 7

Kane arrived home a short while later to find his mother sitting in the living room, perched on an arm chair with a cup of tea in her hand.

"Did you have a good time at the part-" She cut off mid sentence when she saw Kane's face. "Dear god! I thought you just had a fall!"

"Yeah, don't worry mum. It's nothing." He lied.

"No-Nothing?! Are you crazy?! You look like hell!" She replied.

"It's nothing. I swear, I drank a bit too much and fell down a flight of stairs is all." He lied again.

"Well then, in future I guess you'll know your limit." She responded coldly. "Did you leave after that?" she asked.

"Yeah, Jarryd took me back to his, I stayed in the spare room over night to avoid coming home in that state."

"I know, he called me. He said you'd had an accident but didn't say what." she said, "Did his mum take good care of you?"

"Made me breakfast and everything!" He smiled, "Can I go up to my room and sleep for a bit? I didn't get much last night." He lied.

"Sure, but be down for six o'clock, dinner will be on and I want to talk to you." she replied.

Kane just nodded, raised his hand to his face and walked out the room. Once Kane managed to get himself to the top of the stairs and into his room he sat down, finally alone. 'Jeez, what a night!' he thought to himself. 'Jarryd looked really sexy last night in that outfit. Wait. What am I thinking? He's a guy, I'm a guy! This is wrong.' he told himself silently. Kane sat there for hours thinking and re-thinking before he pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed Jarryd's number. It rang a few times before he heard the transfer sound.

"Hello?" he heard from the other end.

"Hey J, it's me, Kane."

"What's up dude?"

"Not much, just been sitting in my room. Head is killing me!"

"You took quite a beating, how are you feeling though?" Jarryd asked.

"Nothing that won't heal quickly. Listen, I have a question and it might sound weird."

"Ask away." Jarryd replied.

"Last night," Kane started.

"Yeah?"

"Did we?" Kane hesitated, "Did we really kiss? Or was that just some messed up dream?"

"No, it really happened. I wasn't going to mention it incase you freaked out though." Jarryd replied.

"The thing is, I kind of am, but I'm also kind of not."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, from what I remember, it was really good. But we're both guys, I mean that's just not okay is it?" he asked.

"I don't know. I don't really know any gay people." Jarryd responded, now he too was pondering the idea.

"I mean, I really did like it. Don't get me wrong, but is it even okay to do?"

"I dont know, I mean it just happened once and we were drunk. Maybe it didn't mean anything." Jarryd said, frowning on the other line, trying to sound convincing.

"You're right." Kane said, "Listen, I gotta go, mum's making dinner and I have to be down there now. Can I call you later?"

"Sure." Jarryd replied.