Chapter Five

It Started With A Phone Call ~ Chapter Five

©Copyright 2012, AmySousa

Recap:

           "Sky! Can you bring the extra dryer and like three rolls of toilet paper down?" Ave called out to me. It was Sunday night and we were almost done with the finishing touches. The new sofas had just come in and the boys were currently setting them up.

           "Alright," I called down to her. I stopped with the window treatments and went towards the ensuite. I put the extra dryer and toilet paper into a box and started walking towards the stairs.

            I almost tripped on Jack who was taking a nap in the middle of the hallway. "That was close," I said to myself before getting in front of the stairs. I slowly made my way down, but I didn't realize that the dryers cord fell our of the box and I stepped on it causing me to slip and fall the rest of the way down.

           I instantly covered my stomach as I fell down the stairs, but when I got to the bottom my head hit the hard floors causing me to plummet into darkness before hearing Dan yelling and Jack barking.

~Dan's P.O.V~

           "To the left, Luke," I said for the second time. Luke nodded and started moving the sofa. I groaned at him. "The other left."

           "Sorry bro. I've been half awake these days. Venice decided to wake us up at two or three in the morning. Thankfully she's been in our room so she wasn't stressing Sky out." It made me smile that Luke was even worrying about that. Sure, it wasn't good for Sky to not be fully rested and stressing, but she would be sooner or later.

           Avery walked out of the bathroom and wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead. "Almost done. Just one more thing," she said before walking over to the stairs.

            "Sky! Can you bring the extra dryer and like three rolls of toilet paper down?" Ave called out to Sky.

           "Alright," Sky called back down before Ave returned to the washroom. I sat down on the sofa to take a little rest. As soon as I let out a breath I heard Sky's scream and loud bangs. Luke and I jumped out from on top of the sofa and started running towards the stairs.

           "Sky!" I called out when I saw her unconscious on the floor. Jack was barking and licking Sky's face; probably trying to wake her up. I held her head up with my hand before Luke helped me bring her over to the sofa.

           Ave ran to her side and touched her neck. "Her pulse is normal and she's breathing. I think she just got knocked out. She might have to get stitches on her arm," Ave said lowly. I understood why. Luke was still standing at Sky's side, but he was looking queasy. He could never stand blood.

           "Can you call her doctor? I think she's working today. I want to make sure there's nothing wrong with her or the baby," I croaked out. I could see the bruises starting to form on Sky's arms and legs. She also had a huge one on her face.

           I held onto her hand while resting her head on my leg. The back of her head had a huge bump on it so I turned her head to the side so it wouldn't swell up even more.

           "She's on her way. I asked her if Sky needed to go to the hospital and she said that she would tell us after she checked her out. We need to try to get her to wake up," Ave said seemingly calmer.