Chapter 4: where are we going... From here?

Chapter 4: where are we going...from here?

Isaacs POV( yep, I'm doing some POV now!):

I jogged backwards, keeping an eye on the ever growing crowd of flesh hungry towns folk. I had to dodge a few stragglers that were coming out of the buildings behind me, but other than that, everything was just going as planned. I stopped and looked around to see where I was. I scanned my surroundings, I figured out that I had lured them to the other side of town. I would take them about ten minutes to get back at their pace, but only take about two for me. I looked around for an alley way that I could lose them through.

There was one right by the 'super duper mart!' I ran through the alley and out on the other side. That's when I heard the crying in the toy store next to the 'super duper mart!' It was more like faint sobbing. I thought about my options for a moment. I spun around and charged ahead.

Michaels POV:

I knocked on the door, calling Isabella's name.

"Isabella? Hello? It's just me, Michael." I explained

"We..." But before I could finish the door opened slowly.

"Oh thank god you came!" Isabella explained. I saw Catarina behind her, tears streaming down her face.

"Isaac is leading them somewhere I think. He should be back soon though." I explained to them.

"But for now we need to wait here until he gets back." I carried on. They both nodded in sync.

Isabella opened the door all the way and quickly walked over to the kitchen. She picked up two backpacks and emptied everything in them into a bin.

"What are you doing?" I asked nervously.

"Getting ready." She replied

"For what?" I questioned. But got no answer.

Isaacs POV:

I sprinted Down the street with the little girl in my arms, she kept sobbing but I couldn't blame her. She was alone, no parents, obviously tired, thirsty, hungry and very afraid.

"Your going to be okay." I explained softly. She stopped sobbing, I think she trusted me? I turned the corner to Isabella and Catarina's flat. I saw Michael and the girls waiting outside.

"Get in the car!" I commanded, grabbing their attention. They all quickly hoped in the car quickly. As I got close to them they spotted the girl in my arms.

"What the... Who's she?" Michael asked.

"I'll tell you later, but now we have to go!" I ordered. Michael moved over to the left seat so that the girl could fit in the middle. She looked terrified. I hopped in the drivers seat and started the car. I put my foot down on the pedal and took of. Within a flash we were out of town and on the road. But nowhere to go. There was silence. But then Catarina broke it.

"Thanks." She said awkwardly.

"No problem." Michael said. The girl curled herself into a ball and closed her eyes. We drove past a turf that had tons of them, the girl perked her head up as we were passing it. It was like she had seen a ghost, because her eyes widened and she started sobbing again. Isabella put her hand back and rubbed the girls shoulder.

"What's the matter?" She asked softly. But she didn't speak. There was silence again. But this time I broke it.

"What's your name?" I asked, still concentring on driving.

"I'm..." She paused

"I'm Katie."