the one with the flash

Sophie was ashamed and embarrassed, or at least she probably would be when she was no longer intoxicated and was capable of forming coherent sentences and phrases once again. For now, she was stuck to Mason's side like glue, watching in horror as a team of security guards grabbed tightly onto Scott and Liam's arms, forcing Malia forward.

"That's my- my friend, you butthead!" Sophie stumbled out angrily, dropping her cup behind her as she wrapped both twiggy arms around one huge, muscular one. Her feet pressed into the side of his pant-covered leg as she attempted to pull his arm away from Scott, but was easily shaken off. Her butt hit the dirt with a thud that was almost sure to bruise, and Sophie whined incoherently as she shoved herself determinedly to her feet.

"Let go of her!" Scott raged, pressing a hand to his sweaty forehead as the security guard agressively pushed Sophie away, so she tripped again and ran straight into Mason.

Sophie pouted, her frail hands balling into fists at her sides. "That was not very nice at all." She spat seriously, throwing herself at the guard one more time but completely mistaking the distance between them, instead continuing to tumble forward before slamming into a buzzed Greenberg, whose face brightened considerably.

"No thank you." Sophie comanded, suddenly feeling a rush of soberity as she hastily moved away from the strange boy. When she appeared again at Mason's side, it was just in time for the guard to push him to the ground with a painful crunch. Her jaw dropped incredulously, and Sophie threw a fist dramatically into the air. "That is rice-ism!" She screamed, grabbing Mason's arm and helping him up.

"Literally, what the hell was in that bottle?" Mason's eyebrows drew together in complete confusion before he shook it off, watching the guards brining their friends into the school. His eyes then wandered to the mix-table where a DJ was playing loud, resounding music that pierced their ears. Sophie pressed her palms into her ears, wiggling them around and trying to get the ringing out of her head. "Scott said we needed to turn the music off." Mason instructed, glancing around to see that instead of paying attention, Sophie was braiding a strand of her hair and giggling maniacally.

He let out an exasperated sigh and grabbed her arm, ignoring the crieds of indignation as he lead Sophie towards the speakers. "Sophie, I need you to focus, okay?" Mason asked, planting his hands on her shoulders and staring straight into her eyes. "I need you to distract the DJ, do you think you can do that for me?"

"How on earth am I going to do that, Mas-Mas?" She asked, punctuating each half of his nick-name with a tap on the nose. Mason's eyes widened and he wrinkled his nose, pulling away from her.

"It doesn't matter... just distract him, okay? Whatever it takes." Mason confirmed, turning and leading the way towards the DJ stand. Once they were near enough, it was clear that there were a few more security guards monitering the stands, although Mason was starting to think that the whole uniformed officer thing was a bit of a hoax. Meanwhile, Sophie was eyeing the crowd, her forehead wrinkled and two small hands planted on her hips.

She was brainstorming. An intoxicated Sophie was still a motivated Martin, and she knew that those big bad security men were going to hurt her friends. She had to trust Mason, and she had to get the DJ away from the booth before something terrible happened. Otherwise she would be at fault- or at least that's what she would tell herself.

Something so ridiculously stupid and reckless came to Sophie, and no matter how much alcohol was already in her system, she knew that one more sip of something tangy was required to pull of the stint. She promised herself it was in the name of the supernatural, and downed a random drink from a nearby boy's hand, turning and closing her eyes. Sophie waited one terrified minute before climbing up onto the edge of the stand where the DJ was doing his thing, raising her hands in the air and screaming in delight.

Not surprisingly, most of the Beacon Hills High School population joined in, and Sophie began to dance around happily before turning to face the DJ excitedly. She attempted to be seductive, grabbing his headphones and putting them on before pulling out her cell-phone. Holding it up in front of them, she squeezed in close to the DJ and grinned widely.

"Say cheese!" Sophie squealed, counting down from three before hitting the button. The flashlight turned on, and the DJ was sent backwards a set, blinking profusely. In that second, Sophie stomped on his foot and shoved him to the ground before whipping around to see Mason fiddling with some knobs and finally hitting a button, sending the field into complete silence before the security guards could stop him. For good measure, Sophie lifted a dismissed cup of clear liquid and poured it over the board, which emitted a sizzling sound and a spark of light before shutting down completely.

"Whoops! I guess flash was on!" She giggled innocently before the guards grabbed her and Mason, forcing them away. Once the duo had walked a ways off, ignoring the angered and drunk teenagers surrounding them, Mason stopped and looked at his best friend with an accomplished smile on his face.

"Nice work, Sophie." Mason complimented, earning an earnest smile in return.

Sophie shrugged modestly, but didn't hold back her grin. "One of my greater achievements."

Mason laughed before wrapping an arm around her shoulder and leading the way to the school so they could help Liam, Malia, and Scott get away from their captors. "Tell me, Sophie, does this mean I'm the lucky guy who gets to hold your hair back while you puke your guts out later tonight?"

Sophie lolled her head dreamily to the side, gazing up Mason's nostrils as they walked lopsidedly towards the school. "Only the best for the best, Mas."

I may have changed things up a bit but IDK I kinda like the Mophie going on in this one. They're too cute.

Next episode confronts the issues with LiamxSophiexScottyboy so how do you think that's going to pan out? Lemme know in the comments. Also comment the word POOP if you read this part bc I wanna see who reads this and who just loves poop as much as I do?