the one with the rooftop party

I totally think either Agent McCall or Danny is the Benefactor.

Sophie's car clicked shut quietly as she trudged through the brush at the edge of the forest. She could see the boathouse about a hundred yards away, and her sister's car was parked just next to her own. Branches snapped beneath her boots, and she stuffed her arms into the sleeves of her cardigan, fighting off the brisk night air.

She started off in the direction of the boathouse before stopping short and looking out around her, at the crumbling branches and trees preparing for the warmth of summer. Her eyes wandered from the lake to the cabin and back to the rickety boathouse that she knew Lydia was set up in, alone in the night. It struck her that maybe Lydia was up her by herself because she wanted to be alone. It wasn't a cry for help, or a sign. It was Lydia being the strong, determined girl that she was.

Instead of relying on her friends for how to control her Banshee-ness, Lydia was going off on her own to figure it out herself, to become a stronger asset to the pack. And who was Sophie to interrupt that? Her heel dug into the dirt as she turned, letting out a strangled gasp when she found her mother standing right behind her.

"Mom!"

"Sophie, what are you doing here?" She asked in astonishment, awaiting a reasonable response for why her two teenage daughters were alone at the boathouse late at night.

"I was coming to find out what Lydia was doing but... I think I'm going to just, uh- I'm gonna go home." Sophie nodded awkwardly, jabbing her thumbs over her shoulders in the direction of the enormous black car. Natalie Martin looked down at her youngest daughter unsurely for a moment before nodding and planting a kiss on her cheek before she stomped determinedly and confidently to the dark boathouse.

Sophie hurried out of the forest, which was now beginning to seem a bit ominous, and climbed into the car. She slammed the door and locked the car a few times until she set the alarm off before finally starting it up and powering off down the winding road towards town. The dark had settled in around her like an omen of death, and Sophie suddenly wasn't so confident that the plan was going to work.

Instead of hooking a right at Nobles, she went straight and instead pulled into Beacon Hills Hospital a few blocks down, parking next to a car occupied by Mrs. McCall and Mrs. Yukimura, who were talking quietly. She closed the door and locked it with the little button, marching towards the front doors. Sophie felt an intense and unnecessary power when the doors opened of their own accord, and had to refrain from sticking her arms out and acting as if she'd used some supernatural force to control them.

Her boots clicked on the tile as she headed towards the back office where Stiles had planned for them to hide out, and Sophie pushed through the door quietly. Immediately a hand clamped around her arm and she was dragged inside by a frantic Stiles, who quickly slammed the door shut. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Where did Kira and Liam go?" Sophie asked curiously, looking around the empty office and then down at the computer screen. One of the four camera angles was blacked out, the image straggling with grey fuzzy lines through the middle. "Why is that camera down?"

"It's on the roof, they went to go check it out." Stiles answered, planting his hands on the table. Sophie looked around the room blankly, her eyebrows drawing together in thought.

"They're in trouble," Sophie breathed, turning to the door and yanking it open. "I'm going to help."

"No, Sophi- You know what, nobody ever listens to me around here." Stiles gave up, slapping his hands at his sides before shaking his head and returning to the desk. In the camera view he could see Sophie sprinting down the hall, her cardigan billowing after her and doctors staring as they parted.

She took the stairs instead of the slow elevator, arriving at the same rooftop door where she'd seen Liam transform for the first time, the death of the Wendigo, and the mouthless man. Suddenly, the lights flickered out, casting her into a deafening darkness. Yet she didn't hesitate before pushing the door open and ducking out of the way just in time for Kira's blade to narrowly miss her head.

"Sophie, what are you doing here?" Liam shouted, dodging the swinging arm of a Berzerker, attempting to attack him. In his moment of brief distraction in which Liam noticed the way Sophie's hair shone as it swung behind her in the moonlight was just enough time for the boney monster to grab the front of his jacket and throw him into the chainlink fence surrounding the generator.

"Liam!" Sophie screamed, ducking and missing the swing of a Berzerker before swinging the roof door back open and hitting it in the side. The monster stumbled slightly before raising its enormous arm again threateningly. Kira began attacking it with her sword, the monster immediately fighting back and knocking her to the ground ruthlessly.

Sophie acted quickly, hurrying to her friend's side and helping Liam rouse the injured girl. Amidst their shouts and attempts, Sophie and Liam's eyes connected for a brief second. Sophie felt a surge of adrenaline, grabbing Kira's arm harshly and yanking her away from the oncoming skeletal demons. Once Kira was on her feet again, Sophie stepped back, struggling to keep her footing as she bumped into one of the chain cages.

One of the Berzerkers turned and broke through the door, entering the hospital and breaking his way through the hallways. Sophie turned to look at Liam for a second, seeing only the warning look on his face before she sprinted past the other monster, jumping down the steps and chasing the monster down the corridor.

"Hey, big guy!" Sophie screamed, gaining the monster's attention before she shoved a gurney at it. The bed bounced off of the skeleton's leg uselessly, and it turned towards the frail girl, who was struggling to find another form of defense. She stepped into the nearest room and grabbed the edge of the metal supply table. A scream of agony escaped her lips as she used the entirety of her strength to yank it into the hall and shove it at the Berzerker, finally hitting it with enough force for it to stumble.

The Berzerker started towards her before, as if a switch had been flicked, it froze. Then the creature turned and walked right past the cowering girl, joining it's partner and a muscular blonde woman in a leather jacket, who sent Sophie a smirk before leading her pets away.

Sophie slid to the ground, clutching her heart and curling her legs to her chest. She sat, breathing heavily, for at least a minute before the lights began to flick back on and she could hear her name echoing in the back of her head. It took a moment to realize that it wasn't in her head, but instead it was coming from Liam, who was sprinting down the hall towards her.

His hands curled around her arms and he helped her up before something behind Sophie caught his attention. Liam ran off down the hall, Sophie following and barely able to see Melissa helping a wounded Mrs. Yukimura at the end of the corridor.

"Get Kira." Melissa instructed, holding the woman and applying pressure to the gaping wound. Sophie fell to her knees and helped the woman into an angled position, fumbling to remove her sweater and press it into the bloody gash.

"What the hell happened here?" A doctor asked, sliding to a stop next to the trio.

"Just help me get her off the floor." Mrs. McCall instructed, looking from the doctor straight into Sophie's eyes.