Just the start of a new beginning

Millie's pov

They showed me around their house. Showing me the kitchen, the diner room, which had a high chair what could fit me in it and next to it was a machine ( a GJ device) that pumps food through my g-tube to my stomach, living room, games room and the ground bedroom. Then we went upstairs were they showed me the bathroom, Bella's room, Shannon's room, their room, Philip's room and then a nursery, everything was in teen size, what was surprising was that the way my spare oxygen tanks/containers and CPAP machine was near the teen cot. I didn't understand why. Then they showed me my room.

K- This is your room where you can drop off your things and then once you have done that come downstairs to the dining so we can go over the rules. Ok?

M-Ok.

About thirty minutes later,

I made my way downstairs to see Kirsty and Steve sitting face towards the door entry of the dining room.

K- Take a seat, Millie. At the table, please.

So I did as I was told and took a seat on one of their fancy diner chairs.

S- Ok, here are the rules and your going to follow them. If not they're going to be consequences.

1) No swearing or disgusting language.

2) No hitting or laying a hand on anyone.

3) No sneaking out at night or getting bad grades.

4) You will eat, no skipping or fighting us while we connect your GJ device to your G-tube.

5) No wetting your bed or yourself during the day

M- How did you know I still wet the bed sometimes?

K- Sweetheart, your social worker told us before fostering you.

M-So they can tell everything about me to you without letting me know first.

S- Pretty much yeah and one last thing tonight you will wear a nappy to bed to make sure you don't wet your bed.

M-No I'm not. You can't make me, I'm fourteen, not four. I don't need nappies.

K- Darling, I'm sorry but you are. We don't want to be cleaning wet sheets every morning.