Chapter 14. When Dreams Are Reality

Chapter 14 - When Dreams Are Reality

I came back into consciousness in less than a minute, in Chevron's arms.  His fingers were caressing my temple and combing back my hair.  I was then aware that I was laid on the sofa behind his desk in class, in the corner of the room next to some low windows.  I remember he would sit there when relaxing after school hours.  The moonlight shined in and illuminated Chevron's face.  Even through the blurriness of my teary eyes I could see him clearly.  He sat next to my left hip, looking down at me, some of his long hair unraveled from the tie of his ponytail.

"You're not a slut, Felicity... You're passionate." Chevron said firmly.

I agreed mentally not to bring that subject up again.  Nodding firmly, I replied in a shaky voice, "I know.  Where did you get that painting?" I asked quickly, to change the subject.

It took him a minute to reply.  While I waited I saw the painting in my mind.  It was exactly how I described my dream to Chevron... the dream of the courtyard with vines and that colourful flower... The painting looked almost exactly like my dream.  How could Chevron be in possession of a painting of my dream?!  It was too shocking to believe...

"I painted it," he finally answered.

"What?" I sat up so hastily he almost fell off the couch and he held onto my waist, almost taking me down with him.  My nose accidentally bumped his chest and his struggle to keep from falling sent him towards me.  The momentum sent him falling backwards and I tried to grab him and pull him up.  Instead, I stumbled in place and fell onto him while he fell backwards into the couch.  It would have felt very awkward if it weren't for the nice, comfortable feeling of being so intimate with him.

I think I squashed him in my clumsiness.  I hastily pushed my palms against the sofa and lifted my upper body from his chest with an apologetic blush on my face.  I stared down at Chevron's surprised face, my hair cascading around my face.  "Opps, sorry."

That was when Chevron started laughing gently and I felt myself joining in.  "Opps?" he gasped before I could get a grip on myself.

My eyes darted to his and watched his laughing face while my giggling slowly died down.  His arm was snaked up my left one, fingers caressing gently.  I felt the chill of night settling in and clashing with the heat of his skin on mine.  I saw the sparkling of his eyelashes in the moonlight, the shade of his dark hair in contrast with his pearl skin.  My giggling turned into almost inaudible pants, chest heaving deeply as I found myself studying Chevron intensely.

The curve of his jaw was subtle and firm, a bit of stubble around the chin.  The dip of his lips were slightly parted, not quaking anymore from masculine laughter.  His neck continued to the v of his loosened collar of the button up shirt.  A sensation curled up from my stomach to my throat.  A desperation... an urgency.  A fire and need that rose quickly.  All sadness and sorrow left me.  It was replaced by the burning need to kiss him.  To bury myself in the sharp stoutness of his body.  To forget everything and only know him.

"I painted it the night before you arrived...." Chevron whispered.

I gasped in a slow, shaking breath.  Affection swelled in my heart, magic beated in my chest.  "No... how?"

"I don't know... I just... sensed it somehow and it tugged at me." My eyes darted to his fingers trailing down my arm, sending aching thrills through me.  "I had to paint it... I had no idea you would have a dream almost exactly like it."

"It's like magic," I whispered.

"Oui.  Just like." He answered.

"What'd you name it?" I asked curiously.