Chapter 8- Ray Ray

-The next Morning at home-

        It was now Thursday and even though Fefe and I said our apologies, it still ain't the same since we first got engaged. We have not been talking to each other much and we don't even cuddle anymore. In the morning it is quiet, very quiet. No "Good Mornings.", no "Hey bae", just a silent nod or a "I am not getting home til late." That's it. Nothing else! When she needs space she would take anything she wanted or needed and lock herself in the guest room. I have the key, but I figured that it was just best to leave her be. 

        Life at work has not been heaven either. We have a new guy, Jared, it sucks! I am the one who has to train him. And most of it is how to manage an arrest. I made a mistake of letting him go on a Ride Along on the first day and we got NOTHING accomplished. It was so bad that I turned off my radio and ignored all call-ins. Yeah, I got my ass chewed out by the boss, but it was worth it. I was not going to get myself or any of my co-workers killed.

        I take a bite outof my breakfast sandwhich and turn the page to my newspaper. There was nothing on the page to spark my interest so I just folded the newspaper up and threw it to the side. Just than Pheobe walks in.

        "I am heading to work, you better get going too. Remember your boss wants to talk to you!" She says. I look at the time."Dammit I forgot!" It was 9:45 and my boss, Lt. Byron, wanted to meet with me. at ten."And I remembered, your welcome!" she picks her brief case up."Thank you.""That is what a wife is for." she smiles, but I see pain in the expression. I immediately feel guilt. 

        "Fefe, I am sorry. I know I said it already, but I truly am sorry. You mean everything to me and I love you. I made a mistake. I will never mention Pyper name...""Pyper is not my concern. I love her. She is like a daughter to me. It is you that I am concerned about, Ray. You are progressively getting crazier. You are getting bipolar and verbally abusive. The next thing I know you are going to be hitting me and I really don't want to stick around for that!""I would never hit you!" I grab her hand. "Yeah, I want to believe that, but if you do not get help I am going to have to leave permently. I just cannot take the chances." she looks at me with concern in her eyes. "I'll get help. Whatever you feel I need I will do it." I reply. "Thank you. I will make an appointment to our therapist when I get to work. Speaking of work I got to go." she says grabbing her brief case and keys. "Yeah, me too." I state putting my suit jacket on. "Bye honey." she says kissing me on my cheek. "Bye love." I reply. With that she leaves.

        It wasn't too long after Pheobe left until I walked out the house. On the way to my office I doubled the speed limit. The boss hates when I am late. He actually almost fired me once, but Jacob L. saved my butt. Instead of firing me the boss gave me this long lecture on how to take my promotion seriously. That the FBI is no joke. I kind of already knew that though. But I didn't tell him that.

        When I get to the building I take the stairs all the way up to my floor. Floor 28. I felt that I was already late and waiting on an elevator would only take up more precious time. 

        "Well, well if it isn't Mr. Late," Jacob greets when I get off the elevator.

        "Is he mad?" I ask making my way over to my office space which was basically just a desk, computer, and a chair. "I don't know. He hasn't been out his office." Jacob claims. He sits at his desk that was across from mine. "Well, I better get in there." I inquire. 

        I take a deep breath and walk across to Lt Byron's office. Than knock the most sophisticated knock. 

        "Come in Ray," Mr. Byron's voice calls from behind his door.

        I turn the doorknob and walk in.

        "You are late.""I can--""Close the door and sit down." he says cutting me off. I obey him. In fact I obeyed him quickly. As in I was in my seat in less than 1.5 seconds after closing the door. 

        He looks at me. I could see there was something wrong.

        "Is everything okay?" I sit up. "They have Kelly." he tells me. "Kelly who?" I ask. He gives me a look. "What other Kelly would I be talking about?" he snaps."How did they get her? Who is they?""If I knew those answers I would tell you. All I know is Pyper is not safe. They will be after her." he coughs. "I can protect Pyper." I admit. He shakes his head. "She will definitely not be safe with you." he starts to do something on his computer. "Why wouldn't she be safe with me?" I ask. "Well, it would be obvious if she stays with you don't you think?" "What do you mean?" "I mean the people who have Kelly most likely knows you. So the first place they would look is your place...." "But they also know Trey, who is really her father, who she is staying with now. I am confused. Why wouldn't they go there first?" "Ray, I honestly believe they just don't care. I believe they will get everyone they need out the way that is a threat to them. Starting with you." he gives me a look, This look sends chill up my spine. Before I could talk he cuts me off.

        "It's not safe for you to be on this case. Very risky. Whatever happens I need you to stay awy from it,""That's if they don't get me first," I laugh."Exactly," the boss says confidently. I lose mny smile. "I was joking, they won't get me," I gie him an assring look. "Whatever you...." his words are cut off b y the ringing of his phone. "Excuse me," he says before answering. He answers phone with his deep perfessional voice. It was short and simple. When he was done he hangs up and looks at me. 

        "There has been a suicide downtown. We were called to got check it out,"" He stands up. "We as in who?" I raise my eyebrow. "You, Jacob, Jared, and I," He puts on his suit jacket. "Wait so we are just going to forget about Kelly?" I ask with worry in my face. Lt  Byron sighs, "No, but you are. Now lets go," he demands as he opens the office door. "Fine, oh and Jared? Really? Is there anyone else other than that rookie that you  can think of?" I get up. "Excuse me, sir, you  werea rookie before too. Besides, how can you learn if you don't work in the feild. Now lets go!" he demands again. I roll my eyes and walk out the room

        When we get to the alley in downtown LA we find a whole crowd of reporters and bystanders. BI start making my way to the body.

        "A suicide, in a alley? That doesn't make since," Jared practically yells when he catches up with me. "Dude... nevermind. We will talk about it later. Right now there are too many reporters'" I tell him.

        It wasn't a suicide. Even the dumbest shit head would know that. Whoever did this wanted it to look like a suide, but didn't care if anyone found out about if it was a suicide or not. Chances are this suspect wanted us to know about it. So, at the end of the day we are dealing with a homicide here.         Not a suicide.

        When I get about 5 feet away from the body the boss  grabs my arm and pulls me back.

        "I really think you should go home," he gives me a serious look. "You told me to come with you. Besides, we rode together.," I reply. "I know, I'll have Jacob take you back to the offices and than you can go home,""Why? What's wrong? Who is the dead body?" I start taking steps toward it. The boss pushes me back. "I will tell you later," he says. I was done with him. I gently push him away and walk up to the body.

        I get a glimpse at the body and the tears started flowing instantly. It was Pheobe. I quickly wipe away all my tears. I couldn't break down in front of these reporters. 

        "I guess I am taking you back to the office," Jacob says with a cracky voice. "Yeah, please," I turn back to the truck. Man, I am not ready for this. Whoever killed  her is sending me a clear message. I don't know what it is though. But all I have to say is I do not want to go through all the hell I went through last year. But, it seems like this year is going to be worse.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorrryyyyyyyyyy I have tooken so long to update. Just have been thinking up some more ideas. I would really appreciate some comments to. and if you  would like me to write a story for you just comment below or inbox me. Thank you guys so much.

                                                                              <3 Drea <3