<3~Mir~<3 Part 2

An hour passed and I started to get a little nervous. Was IU going to finish in time? I had my dress on—courtesy to IU and her fashion designer—and my hair was curled and pinned. That was all I knew though because IU refused for me to look in a mirror. She wanted it to be surprised.

“So are you excited?” IU asked as she applied my lip gloss.

“Sure…?” I guessed, giving a weary smile. 

She frowned a bit and stopped. “Do you not want to go?”

“No, that’s not it,” I assured her, “It’s just…I don’t know. I guess it just sucks to think that the only reason I’m going as his date is because his sister is forcing him to have one.”

“What?”

Crap, I probably just confused her even more. I got to stop rambling on when someone asks me a simple question. “Did that make sense? Sorry, I tend to explain things weirdly.”

“No,” she answered back, surprising me, “That’s not it. Mir’s sister isn’t forcing him to get a date…”

What? She’s not? But Mir told me she was!

IU lowered down so our eyes were level now since I was sitting in a chair and softened her voice, “Look, don’t tell Mir this, but he’s been wanting to ask you out on a date for ages now.”

“Really?” I asked, disbelieving all of it. Mir? Asking me out? B-but we’ve always been just really good friends… Does this mean that he likes me?

Of course not… Come on Stephanie, he’s probably just wanting to reach out and date other people.

But IU nodded her head anyways. “I bet he made up that whole my-sister-is-forcing-me-to-bring-a-date story so you wouldn’t reject him.”

I just sat there, speechless. I honestly didn’t know what to say to that. She had to be making all of this up.

“There! My masterpiece is finished!” she cheerfully declared, turning me towards the mirror. For a second, I couldn’t recognize myself. “So what do you think?”

I poked myself in the face to make sure it was really me in the reflection. Wow, I can’t believe it… I look so pretty!

“I’ll take that as a good thing,” she commented, noticing how I poked myself in the face.

Knock Knock!

“Who is it?” IU asked, walking up to the door.

“Jonghyun.”

What? Jonghyun is here? What the heck? Why?

I watched IU open the door and leave right away. Cool, she didn’t even remember that I’m still here.

Seeing since I was alone, I took another glance in the mirror and wondered how Mir would react to seeing me. Will he like it? Maybe he’ll think it’s too much… I mean, we are going to a wedding, but yet, I ‘ve never been to a wedding before. Argh! Why must this be so nerve-wracking!

“Yah! Quit pushing me!” Mir shouted as he slammed through the door. It quickly shut behind him, only leading to one thing… IU was purposely putting us together alone.

“That girl is so—” Mir stopped when he finally looked my way. He took a double look at me, making me only feel even more insecure. “Wow…you look…”

“Overdone?” I subconscious asked, hoping he wouldn’t agree.

He chuckled and corrected me, “No, beautiful.”