Partners - Chapter 6

A couple days later Eren was lying in bed 'studying'. Meaning he was so bored that everything he read seemed like gibberish. He was surprised when his phone buzzed and he received a text not from his sister.

'come watch movies with me'

What the…

Levi must be drunk.

Really, drunk.

Eren received another text.

'bring your essay'

Never mind. That's Levi all right.

'are you okay?' Eren messaged back.

'yes fuckface I'm bored as hell'

'so I'm guessing you've already cleaned everything four times over?'

'shut the hell up before I change my mind brat'

'fine fine. I'll be over in ten'

'don't forget your essay'

'yes mom'

Eren locked his phone and hopped off of his bed He grabbed his bag off of his messy desk and then shoved his laptop inside. He called to Armin, "Going to Levi's!"

"Tell him to wear a condom!"

"Go to hell Armin!" Eren yelled jokingly as he shut the door.

He heard the blonde yell through the closed door, "I'll see you there!"

Eren swore he could hear Jean laughing from across the hall.

~.~

Levi opened the door and Eren walked right in. "Hey."

"What are we watching?" Eren handed his paper to Levi. The senior grabbed it from him.

"I don't give a fuck. Go choose." Levi said as he down and started reading it over. Eren walked towards his rack of DVDs and thumbed through them. Eren was becoming more and more comfortable around his partner. "You spelled 'significant' wrong."

"Are you serious?!"

"You forgot an 'i." Levi replied monotone. "Use spell check shitface. It's there for a reason."

"Well I was hurrying okay?" Eren swiped a movie off of the shelf. "We're watching Pirates of the Caribbean."

"Whatever." Levi continued scanning the paper. He took a pencil and wrote a few more corrections in. Eren rolled his eyes and crouched down to put in the DVD. He grabbed the remote as Levi smirked. "Nice ass."

Eren backpedaled for a moment, but then replied, "Thanks. My mother got it for me."

"Must 've been expensive," Levi said just as sarcastically.

"It was on sale." Eren sat down on the couch and hit the power button on the remote. "Come on." Eren scooted over to make room.

"Just a second." Levi continued to write. "I'm trying to help you brickhead."

Eren suddenly felt a pang of anxiety when he realized that the tutoring would end in a week. Had it been two months already? When he thought about it, they really had been the best two months. Would Levi never talk to him again? He stared at the floor with a troubled look. Are we still going to be friends?

Levi finished and plopped down next to Eren. He raised his eyebrow. "What's with that look?"

"Huh?" Eren looked up. Levi took the remote out of Eren's hand and pressed play.

"You look fucking constipated."

"In a week you don't have to tutor me anymore." Eren said bluntly.

Levi paused for a moment, but replied in his typical monotone. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." Eren chuckled. "My grades are probably going to drop."

"Why? You think I'm going to just stop helping you because the assignment is over?"

Eren blinked. "Um…yes, actually."

"How many times were you shot in the head as a child?" Levi asked sarcastically. "I've invested way too much time in you to just walk away and have you failing out of college."

Eren was a bit shocked. "Really?"

Levi's features softened just a fraction. "Really. If I hated you then I wouldn't have ever let you in my apartment." Eren smiled. It's like the older knew exactly what he was thinking. Levi turned towards the screen. "Now shut the fuck up. Johnny Depp is speaking."

Eren gave a sincere laugh and pressed closer to the senior.

When Eren fell asleep, Levi would never admit to anyone that he peeled the sleeping teenager off his shoulder and tucked him in with the softest blanket he owned. He would never admit that he propped a pillow under his head, and wiped the hair out of his closed eyes. And Levi would never ever admit that he just happened to lean down and press a kiss on his forehead. Never.

He turned off the lights and sat down on his own bed lost in his thoughts.

Levi couldn't place exactly when he developed feelings for the kid. It happened slowly; but not. Levi guessed that he always kinda liked him. Like when they first met, Eren had obviously kicked the shit out of three muscle heads, and yet was timid and nervous around the senior. Levi was amused by how Eren looked after slipping in the damn tub, or how Eren would throw himself to the ground to catch every ball in that game of volleyball.

Levi was sure of one thing.

This kid belonged to him.

He'd like to see the unlucky fucker who wanted to mess with Eren now.