Partners - Chapter 2

"Is the answer three?"

"No."

"Four?"

"No."

"Thirty five?"

"No, you snotty fucklet brat." Levi rolled his eyes so far back into his head Eren thought they were going to fall out.

"I give up." Eren crossed his arms.

"Have fun living on the streets and sucking off people for money." Levi mimicked Erens actions by crossing his arms. It was another study session between the two. They still didn't get along, but there hadn't been any physical violence since their first. So, Eren thought that was a start.

"Fine. I'll be a stripper. Just gotta lay off the fries." Eren's tone held a hint of humor.

Levi huffed, clearly frustrated. He leaned over Eren and snatched his pencil from him. "Watch me."

Levi scribbled out the full math equation neatly on the side of his paper. When he was done he circled his answer. Eren took note of how gracefully he wrote.

"Get it?"

Eren groaned. "You make it look so easy."

Levi leaned back. "Just practice kid. How much longer we got?" Eren looked at his phone.

"About twenty minutes until we're no longer legally bound here."

"Great." Levi's closed his eyes. "Do the next one."

It was dead silent while Eren attempted to solve the problem. After a moment, Eren spoke while he wrote. "So, how did you meet Erwin?"

Levi looked up at Erens attempt at a conversation. He answered bluntly, "The streets. Why do you care?"

"Oh um. I don't know. He's just a real cool guy." Eren avoided eye contact by continuing to solve the long math problem.

Levi's eyes hardened, but he responded, "He got me out of some deep shit is all. I don't owe you any explanation."

"I didn't ask for one." Eren tried to make sure this didn't turn into some fight. Levi only nodded before leaning in close to watch Eren work. Eren instantly tensed, but circled his final answer and sat back to show that he was done. After a moment of silence, Levi said;

"Correct."

"Yeeesss!"

"Don't get cocky. Do the next one."

~•~

Everyone sat in Marco's and Jean's shared dorm for movie night. They were all squished around Armin's laptop that they had put up on a chair. They were all too piss- ass -poor at the moment to afford a T.V. To avoid fighting, they each got a turn every week to pick a movie. Tonight it was Christa's turn. Therefore, they were watching a Cinderella story.

"Hillary Duff needs to not wear that shirt ever again." Armin said as he put popcorn in his mouth.

"Agreed. She's too gorgeous to be confined to such shit." Sasha squished next to Connie.

"I hate this fucktard of a step-mom." Jean lay on his stomach on the bed.

Eren was amused by how well everyone was taking the movie choice. No matter how busy life got, he was happy everyone still made room for movie night. Eren reached over and stole the popcorn from Armin.

"Can you all shut up for like, five minutes?" Reiner said teasingly.

"Why, afraid you'll miss something important?" Ymir teased back.