Mr. and Mrs. Ball Legs

"I'm sorry I have to do this to you," Sheila said in a baby voice as she closed the aquarium of Mr. and Mrs. Ball Legs. "But you can't be under the same roof as Abby anymore, not after last night. No you can't! No, you, can't!"

"Are you sure we should put them in this shed?" Joel asked, leaning on the freezer full of dead nurse. "It's kind of empty. The other one, there's stuff to look at, our old stereo..."

"Too many hiding spots."

Joel indicated the transparent plastic tarp lining the shed's interior. "You think they could get through this?"

"We'll see it. The only blind spots are around this freezer." Which Sheila then extracted a frozen foot from.

As Joel chewed on it, he thought of that time he went to McDonald's after watching a PETA video. This was the same mental compartmentalization.

"You're right," Joel conceded between bites. "Abby has no reason to come in here."

"You were really evasive with her this morning."

"I was human with her. It was nice. Does that make sense?"

"We're still a family," Sheila reminded him.

"But this zombie thing is getting out of hand. Too many zombies, too many victims, this is how the apocalypse happens. And it's all our fault!"

"Honey, that's what the Knights of Serbia are for."

"How effective can they be if they'd take me as a member?"