Chapter 6: practice run

Cassie's POV

   I shook my head walking inside without anyone. I went to a back room and as soon as I got in I punched the wall. I started sinking down the wall crying. I ran a shakey hand through my hair. I thought of Peter, and my grandparents.

   Soon enough I had calmed down, I looked at my knuckles both of them were red and started swelling. I looked into the mirror, and I looked normal. Before I walked out I washed my face and put my glasses back on. I took a deep breath and walked out. When I got out I walked back Mr. Stark had set up a new time machine.

   "Hey kid, can you bring this to the ceiling please " I sighed "sure" and he gave my all of the parts. I walked over to the wall and started walking up and over to the center. I put the parts up and came back down slowly upside down with the web between my legs and my feet by the web.

   When I touched the surface Mr. Stark said "nice job kid" I nodded and walked over to the corner. While we were building the machine, Nat came back with Clint. I sat crissed crossed, and closed my eyes. I slowed my breathing down and I went into my memories.

   I just sat there remembering all of the good times I had. And I still had my eyes closed when I felt a presence sit down beside me. When I looked over Steve had sat down next to me. "Whatcha thinking about" he asked, I shrugged. "I don't know" he nodded my knuckles were flat and Steve saw my bruised knuckles.

  He picked up my hands, "what happened " I quickly pulled my hands away, and stood up walking up the wall and making myself and spider web hamic. "Cassie, you didn't answer my question " I heard, "nothing" I said back and sat on the webs. I heard Steve sigh and he put his hands on his hips.

   "Cassie please " I sighed again, and sat up pulling out my web shooter and shot a web at Steve pulling him up to my hamic. When he got up there he sat down and I layed down cuddling my feet up. Steve sighed, "Cassie what happened " I layed my head further down into the hamic.

  "I punched the wall" he nodded, "why did you punch the wall" I shrugged, "I don't know I guess I'm just upset with Mr. Stark. Yeah I know he has a daughter and a wife now, but still if we have a chance to bring everyone back shouldn't he want to take that chance. If it means seeing everyone back here" I said looking at him.

   He sighed with a little nod, "but I have to tell you he said he's doing this because he hated making you upset. And when you didn't stay down there, he looked hurt. But also know that he said that he can't risk everything he has already. Including you, and if I did have a daughter I would protect her. You for now are my daughter, I am going to protect you. If anything happens I don't know what I would do with myself." He said looking down at his hands.

  I smiled and said "you won't lose me." He sighed and said "yeah I know but what if something unexpected happens and you were gone" I smiled more, I crawled over and hugged him. "I'll be okay, I've come this far, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes " he smiled and looked at me, "you are one hell of a good influence " Mr. Stark yelled from the ground "Language " I started laughing and Steve shook his head "even when I die not going to live it down" I couldn't stop laughing.

  "There's that smile" I playfully punched him. He laughed a little.  "Okay we're ready down here, come on Cap, Kid" I finally stopped laughing a little bit. I stood up and attached a spider web to the ceiling and jumped out. "Hey Cassie, how do I get down" I held out my hand and shot a web, he grabbed it.

  He slid out and I lowered him down gently. When he was down I swung myself and let go of the web and shot a lower one and ran on the ground letting the web go and stopping in my tracks. I walked over to the Machine panels and punched in codes for Clint.

  "Ready" he nodded, "good luck" I pressed the button. "So how long is he gone for" I looked at the timer, "for us it's five seconds, but to him a couple of minutes " I said to Thor. He nodded "coming back in 5...4...3...2...1" and he stood there, with a baseball glove.

   "It worked" Mr. Stark said, I nodded "because of the flexible loop that you made." I said he nodded....

  Time skip when they leave

  I am going with Mr. Stark, Steve, and Scott. We all had suits on, and Banner was transporting us to the times we had to go. "We all have separate missions, we each have a partner or a group. We protect and look out for each other" we nodded our helmets came over or faces. "Good luck and stay safe" rocket looked up and over at Scott "he is good at that" and Scott said "I know wright" their helmets came over their heads.

   Banner pressed the button and we shrunk down and we went through the Quantum realm. Once we got to the time we hid and got into different clothes, I was in my suit and I was hiding. I went with Steve, I heard what Scott said as Steve was walking by "that suit was not doing good for your ass Cap" and Scott said "I think your ass looks good, that's America's Ass" I was climbing on the walls....