32. [Isabella]

Winter break was finally over and Woodway Prep was back in session. While I dreaded and protested going back to school every other year, I was actually excited this time. I smiled knowing that it had to do with a certain someone that was currently waiting downstairs for me. Because of that, I made sure to wake up extra early so he didn't have to wait too long for me since I knew how punctual he is.

When I was downstairs, I saw my mom waiting for me with a warm smile on her face.

"Have fun at school, sweetheart," she greeted and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Thanks!" I returned her affection with a hug. "Love you!"

"Love you too, honey." She let go and I felt something soft pressing against my leg. I glanced down and saw Sweets looking up at me with her big brown eyes. I bent down and gave her a quick kiss on the nose.

"Hey there, girl," I cooed, giving her a good rub behind her ear. She darted her tongue out and licked my hand. "Be a good girl while I'm at school, alright?" She barked at my comment. I laughed and beamed down at her. "I'll take that as a yes then."

I gave her one last kiss goodbye, and watched her run over to my mom when she called out her name. I couldn't help but grin as I headed out the door. Saying a quick "Good morning" to the gatekeeper, I made my way over to Thomas' car. He was parked in the same spot as usual. I stopped when I didn't see him sitting in his car like I always did. That's strange . . . where did he run off to?

I cranked my neck to get a better look when I saw a flash of blonde hair in the corner of my eyes. I was soon engulfed in a pair of warm arms. I inhaled against his chest, smelling his delicious cologne mixed with a scent that was uniquely Thomas.

"Hey," he whispered, sending shivers down my spin. Hearing his soft chuckle, I felt his lips kissing my cheek softly while he pulled me tighter against him.

"Hey," I said back. "Why aren't you in the car?"

He pulled away from me. "Thought I'll surprise you." He grinned. "Plus I wanted a hug."

I rolled my eyes but laughed anyway. "Well you got your hug, now let's head inside before we freeze to death." I pulled my jacket closer towards me, missing the warmth of his body heat.

He reacted fast and opened the door for me. "After you, m'lady." He bowed, trying to act like a gentleman.

I giggled at his charming ways. "Why, thank you." I placed a hand over my heart and got in the car.

"No problem, Little Beauty." He smirked as he shut the door. He quickly ran over to the other side of the car and got in his seat. He switched the ignition into drive, stepped on the gas pedal and we were on our way.

I couldn't even step a foot out of Thomas' car when a familiar voice screamed my name. I looked up to see Amanda running towards me, her hands waving back and forth like a maniac. When she knew she had my attention she pushed through the crowd, shouting curses here and there as she stumbled a few times. I laughed, missing her sense of humor.

"I missed you so much!" she exclaimed as she tackled me with a bone-crushing hug.

I returned the hug and got out of the car when Amanda decided to let me breathe again. "I missed you too! But we literally just saw each other yesterday." Her sister had gone back to college for intersession and Thomas had work, so we decided to crash at my place and immerse ourselves with a chick flick marathon. Well, more like I did, while Amanda just pointed out every little flaw that was wrong with them.

"Exactly. That's twenty-four hours too long," she said being her over-dramatic self again. Before I could even reply, Thomas cleared his throat, notifying Amanda of his presence.