Chapter 10

GAME ON

Kim

I can’t believe it! The two days preparation for the match has gone smoothly as it possible can. The girls had to sacrifice their personal stuff just for this match. Everyone seems to be too thrilled at the idea but they hide it too well for me to feel bad.

I know they’re doing this on purpose. They want me to feel indebted to them that would make me relinquish. They’re doing this for fun, me on the other hand thinking of the consequences of winning or losing the game.

I am hundred percent sure we’re going to win this. From what I have observed from them, they’re not that experienced enough as much as we are. I am not boosting my ego about this but of course that’s what I have seen.

They’re just thrill of having popularity and girls for being part of the varsity. You know girls like athletic guy and of course a good looking one. I admit all of them are good looking but that pathetic idiot was more.

I look around to see the girls walking on my directions. I have been at school since morning. Everyone in school knows the challenge match. It has been the talk of the day. Even professors had their bets. I smile at the thought. Everyone thrilled at the idea.

As I look at girls I notice that Van is not with them. I frown. She will never ditch us but where is she? We’re only six in the group if we lose one we can’t have subs throughout the game. She has to be here.

“Hey Cap!” They beam as they reach me.

“Where is Van?” I ask worried and irritated.

“She’ll be late, something about the guy she’s seeing.” Tina said casually as if it’s not a big deal.

“I thought all your activities have been rearrange or this match?”

“Change of plans?” Jess said.

“Don’t worry Cap she’ll be here before anyone of us got injured.” Dangz said reassuringly. She better showed herself or else… or else…I don’t know. I sigh.

“Sorry guys I just don’t want this match to mess up. You know what is at stake on this game.” I said. I know they know it already but still I have to remind them.

“We know that Cap. just relax and we’ll win this!” Mel said smiling. I smiled back.

Frank

“This is it guys! This is the day we’ve been waiting for. Tomorrow that little girl will be out of our sight!” I said beaming.

 “Hell yeah!” They said simultaneously.

“Guys focus on our goal we have to win this match for that girl to leave. Understand!”I said.

“Yes Cap!”

“Do you think we’ll win?” C asks.

“Of course! They’re just girls. We can beat them. We are stronger than them, they’re weak.” I said proudly.

“What if we lose? What would happen to us?”he asks again.

“C don’t worry it’s going to be fine. We are going to win this. Don’t make second thoughts about it just focus on our goal.” I said reassuringly. He acts like a little brother sometimes not a 17 year old man. He has been the baby of the group. I smiled at the thought.

“Let’s hit some girls today guys!”

Kim 

“Okay this is it girls. We have to focus if possible avoid being hurt Van is not yet here. No injuries until a subs came. Okay?” I said.

“Eye! Eye! Captain!” They shouted smiling. I rolled my eyes. Guys be serious just this time. I want to prove that they’re wrong about us.

“Guys I’m serious!” I said seriously.

“Okay Cap you worry too much. We’re going to win this!” Jess said. I smiled at her. She’s right I worry too much for this game. We had been worst before but we survive this is just a small time game.

“Okay let’s kick some ass!” Dangz shouted as we made our way to the court. We stayed at least half an hour in our locker to prepare ourselves.

Everyone was cheering as we came out. The boys are on their area already. I look at them and smirk. We’re going to win this pathetic idiot.

They all look on our direction eying us. I can see the look on their face. They seem to checking the girls out with their vulture eyes. I shook my head at their reactions. We’re human too not an alien for them to look at us like that.

We made our way to the other side of the court to d some drills and familiarize the court itself. We do some shooting and other stuff just to be accustomed with the place. I ignore the fact that the boys are eying us. I have told the girls to minimize their moves as to not to give the boys an idea that we can beat them. It’s a surprise for them to find out.

After thirty minutes or so the referee had whistle and we got back to our area to prepare for the game. Still Van is not yet here. I am starting to get worried about her and the game.

The referee whistles again summoning as inside the court to start the gain. We all made our way to the center and went to our places. I and that idiot of course will be doing the jump ball to start the game. I know I’m no match to his height that’s why I let him tap the ball to whoever catches it. Then it started.

...