Chapter 7

THE MANAGER

Kim

“Ok, 90:10 rule. 90 percent is me and the 10 percent are the players. They are all under my care and it is my responsibility to take good care of them and understand them the best way as I could for them to improve themselves.” I note to myself. “They are now part of my responsibilities just like the girls, my sisters. Treat them like a bother and it will be easy for me to handle them if I thought in that way.” I added.

I am now currently in my room thinking of what to do with my reports. We haven’t had our supposedly training today. I have to report everything and have coach to help me decide on what to do to the team. They should know how to listen and act properly. They are all grown up man. I know they love basketball. They just don’t have the drive to take is seriously to the next level. They have potential I can see that. They have especial ability that they don’t see yet. We just have to help each other to discover what is within that thick skull of them. I smiled to myself.

This is great everything has its solutions. Just like math problems. Even the undefined one has its explanation. I thought to myself. Ok enough with the basketball matters, Study time now! I said excitedly. I love my work and studies.

Balance Life is the Key to Happiness.

MONDAY MORNING!

Good morning
Good morning, love
It's my favorite love song
I waited all night long

Before you get into the shower
Before you worry about your hair
Baby, give me one more hour
I want you to stay right there

I jolt from laying my bed and went to my bathroom. I am feeling great this morning. My good morning song always starts my day better than anything else yet. Yes yet, I don’t know why. I smile creepily at myself in the mirror.

“Good morning Ms. Kim you look great this morning. You look beautiful. Oh look at your body your getting sexy too.” I smiled talking at myself in the front of a mirror. I talked good for myself to boost my confident and bring smile in my way. I don’t feel insecure when I do this. I know I am beautiful, sexy and unique. Yes I appreciate myself I really do. I love me!

 “Cap! Breakfast!” Dangz shouted. It’s her again.

“Coming! I shouted rolling my eyes. Is she in charge of waking me up? I ask myself still talking at my reflection. After a few minutes I took my last glances in my mirror and headed to kitchen.

“Good morning Captain!” They all said. I narrowed my eyes to them. What is up with them? I am used of them telling me Captain but his morning was different.

“What is up with this good morning Captain Thing? Can anyone explain what it is? I asked commanding. They look at each other before Van clear her throat and started talking.

“We talked about what happen yesterday and come up with an idea.” She started.

“If they mess up again and get into your nerves just like yesterday. We came up with the solution of challenging them and put them in their right places. And, respect you as their manager since they are no match with compare to you.” She added looking at me as if asking permission to continue. I nod for her to go on.

 “…to make it simple Kim. Challenge them if they mess up with you again and don’t take you seriously. We can teach them a lesson they will never forget. Everyone had agreed in this. You’re the one left to decide in these matters. We already told you we will help as much as we can.” She finishes. Everyone waited for my decision. I sigh.

“Ok fine, let’s do that. I know all of you miss playing. It’s been a two years since we decided to lay low in basketball and focus in our other career. I think it will not harm to have some exercise.” I tell them. “Right?” I ask.

“Yeah, Right!” They all reply and giggled excitedly.

“I hope they mess up today Captain.” Tina said. I look at her questioningly. She’s not the type to say that. She just shrugs and started eating. The girls seem to have a mood with the proposition they have made. I think it won’t hurt to try.

De Legaspi University Basketball Team

“Coach!” I called waving while walking towards him. He smiled and nod.

“How was yesterday? He asks. I haven’t informed him about yesterday’s event.

“They are not here yesterday coach. I don’t know why. I texted their Captain to explain everything today I will decide with the punishment later. Is that OK Coach?” I explain and ask him.

“It’s fine. They are all irresponsible sometimes. You should have informed me yesterday so I can nudge them. Let’s teach the some lesson. I have been all easy to them lately. Let’s do some of your punishment ideas manager.” He said mischievously.

He knows me from the day I started playing. He is a great coach.  He and Coach Andrew are good friends. That is why I took this job. They were the one who train us girls. I don’t know why he has been easy to them. In our time before we all ended up tired almost passing out with all the trainings we had. They don’t get easy despite the fact that we are all girls. I and the girls have been part of the especial training they created. It’s their aim to train girls to know basketball and love them. And we all did. They had been busy coaching that is why after us they haven’t organize another batch to train.

“OK, coach let’s start the punishment today.” I said smiling.

“Oh, the manager is serious today.” He said teasing. I scowl at him. They are not always serious. They are playful sometimes that is why we all love him and coach Andrew. I wonder when Coach Andrew will be coming back. He has been overseas for the last two years. I haven’t asked Coach Gilbert about him. His last contacted us was three months ago. We should have some reunion. I think.

“They are here manager.” Coach Gilbert says distracting me from my thoughts.

”Let them know who the manager is.” He added. He trusted me well. He wanted me to become a coach but I was too young for that and I think I still have to learn more from them.

I will start my journey as a manager first. Then, I will be coach in time. I will take the path of Coach Andrew and Coach Gilbert and inspire lives of every player and sports geeks.

At present, I will be the great manager that I have to be.

Punishment Time…

 …