Hi, I'm Sklyah Riddle. [Behind Enemy Lines]

It's just one of those days.

My head is throbbing and it isn't because of last night's whiskey. I'm so furious with myself for giving into someone's pleas. I feel pathetic. And when I feel pathetic, I get angry. And when I get angry, someone gets hurt.

I had let him hold me for awhile and we sat in silence. And although it was a comfortable silence, I quietly told him that I was tired, and that I was going to bed. I felt him nod into my neck as I gently took his hands off of me. I went upstairs and didn't look back.

I hadn't been tired in the least. Every minute that went by I became more and more furious with myself and had to get far, far away from him. That stupid little boy is never going to break down my metaphoric walls again.

I thundered down the stairs; I had skipped lunch. I had explained the situation to Bri this morning. She knew enough to know how infuriated I was and said nothing, only listened; I appreciated it greatly. She was covering for me, telling the boys that I had fallen ill and wanted to sleep through lunch.

I stormed through the halls while glaring straight ahead, causing my 'peers' to part like the Red Sea. I had read about The Red Sea in some book in my muggle studies class a few years back. I despised learning about those filthy creatures.

If possible, I became even angrier at the sight of Harry Potter; there was no way I was putting up with him today. I took a deep breath and caught his eye. I smiled and waved and he returned the gesture but was scolded for doing so from his fellow Gryffindors. As soon as I passed him I sneered.

When I entered the room I threw myself into my seat and slammed my books onto the table.

"Someone is quite feisty today." He smirked. "I like it."

I turned to him and glared so viciously that his smirk fell, but only momentarily.

"Don't pretend that you're in my league when you had to beg like a small child to keep me near you last night." I hiss under my breath. He looked like I had just slapped him across the face as I stomped all over his ego. I almost felt bad; almost.

He turned towards the front of the room and glared menacingly at the chalkboard; his knuckles turning white from clenching them so hard. I knew I had taken a stab at his pride; I also knew that I had hurt him terribly.

McGonagall came into the room shortly after and started droning on in that wretched voice of hers. I tuned her out and glared at the innocent parchment that sat on the table in front of me.

Out of nowhere I noticed McGonagall directly in front of me.

"Are you even listening?" I said nothing as she stared into my green eyes; I smirked in return. "Wipe that smirk off of your face, girl." She spat the word 'girl' like she was superior to me. Boy did she have it backwards.

"You will NOT address me with such disrespect." She looked taken aback from the obvious authority in my voice. She came around the side of the table, towering over my small form.

"I believe you have it backwards, Skylah." I clenched my teeth. I stood so quickly that my seat slid into the table behind me as I slammed my hands onto the table. McGonagall flinched and took a step backwards; the Hufflepuffs were horrified.

I took a slow, menacing step towards her, closing the gap between us. I lowered my voice and said, "Don't pretend that you're not afraid of me; you know who I am."

She gulped but remained in front of me as I challenged her authority. "This is my class room, Miss Riddle, or have you forgotten?" She huffed in a voice only I could hear.