Shoelaces and a Question | Wonpil

Spring had finally come around; the sun was shining brightly, and a soft breeze was pleasant enough to be walking around without a jacket. The air was filled with the sweet smell of cherry blossoms and other flowers that were blooming. The intertwined hands of you and your boyfriend Wonpil, were swinging between your bodies as you walked through the park. Moments like these were fairly rare. You gazed at the flowers next to the path, when you noticed something.

"Wonpil, your shoelaces," you pointed at his untied shoes. "How many times should I tell you to tie them before you finally listen?" You joked and dragged him over to a bench so he can tie them. It was nothing new. Wonpil had a habit of just stuffing his shoelaces into his shoes, which eventually found their way out again. It wouldn't be the first time that he got injured due to him not tying the laces. "It's no big deal." He said as he sat down on the bench. "I just don't want you to get hurt." "I know, but" he kissed your hand, which he was still holding. "I'll be fine, don't worry." You sighed as you let go of his hand, so that he could tie his shoelaces. You sat down next to him and remember what happened a few months ago.

Wonpil had just gotten home, so he hadn't had a chance to take his shoes off yet. He wanted to drop his bag off in the living room first. The fool tripped over his shoelaces, even after countless of warnings, and his head hit the edge of a table. You walked into the living room after the commotion and panicked when you saw him slowly getting up, with his hand on his head. "Oh my god, Wonpil! What happened?!" He looked at you and tried to smile through the pain that was cursing through his head. "Nothing, I just tripped." You believed him, obviously, but you weren't about to let this go. You crouched down in front of him and looked into his eyes. "Let me see your head." You said and carefully tried to get his hand away from his head.

An audible gasp left your lips. "Wonpil, you're bleeding." A drop of blood was making its way down his face. "I'm fine, don't worry." He tried to play it off cool. "Go sit on the couch, I'll grab some tissues." You directed him and got up. Within a minute you were back with the tissues, while he in the meantime took his shoes off. "Lean your head back." You heard him sigh, not thinking a lot of the little wound on his head. "Don't sigh at me like that." You joked and started to dab the tissue against the wound, slowly increasing the pressure. He turned his head to look at you. "Keep still okay." He chuckled. "You know," he started, "even though your protective mode can get annoying from time to time, I'm glad to have you here." You looked at him for a second while switching out the tissue for a new one. "You're such a sap sometimes." You smiled at him and applied pressure on the wound with the new tissue. "You love this sap though." He retorted. "True."

After another minute you lifted the tissue, before putting it on the table, and noticed that the little cut had stopped bleeding. "Do you have a headache?" You asked and gently placed your hands on his cheeks. He quickly pecked your lips without warning. "No, I'm fine. Nothing some ibuprofen can't resolve." You grabbed his hands and pulled him up from the couch with you. "Well, I still need to disinfect it." You dragged him to the bathroom and quickly found the disinfectant in the cabinet. "You'll either have to sit on the edge of the tub or crouch down a bit." you referred to the slight difference in height between the two of you. He sat down on the edge of the tub and you quickly disinfected his cut. "Aaiisshhh, that stings." Wonpil said. "Do you want a kiss now?" you joked. "No, I want cuddles." He said and wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you closer. "Let me put a band aid on that cut and then you can have cuddles after dinner." You replied.

You quickly snapped back to the present as your thoughts had drifted off. You noticed Wonpil getting up from the bench but noticed that his shoes still weren't tied. "Wonpil, tie your shoes." You said, trying to sound angry, as if you could ever be angry at him. He leaned down again, practically kneeling, giving you the appearance that he was actually going to tie his shoelaces. You looked at him with a tilted head, your eyebrows furrowing as he was reaching for something in the pocket of his jeans. He was not giving of any intention of tying his shoelaces now. He chuckled nervously. "Listen, I know we haven't been together for that long. Although technically, 2 and a half years is a pretty long time. I love you treating me with so much love and care, I never know how to return the gesture to you. God... You are my entire world, the love of my life... Speaking of life, I really can't picture mine without you anymore." A sudden gust of wind made some of the cherry blossom petals fall down.

He was taking a small box out of his pocket, holding it in front of you. You gasped and put your hands in front of your mouth, knowing what was to come. "I love you so, so, so, so much. Would you please do me the honour of becoming my wife?" He said and opened the little box, showcasing an elegant, yet simple ring. "Oh my god, yes of course Wonpil!" you said a bit loudly. Tears were now steadily making their way down your cheeks. Luckily, this part of the park was pretty much deserted for some reason, except for an older couple and what appear to be their grandchildren. Wonpil slid the ring around your finger, as you were still in shock. Once the ring was around your finger, you wrapped your arms around his neck for a hug, taking the both of you down to the ground. "I love you so much." You said and pecked him a couple of times. "I love you too." He said and squeezed his arms around your waist. 

The older couple clapping behind you, snapped the both of you out of your daze and you quickly got up again. The lovely couple congratulated you and you both thanked them. They continued on their walk and left you and Wonpil alone for a bit. As he tried to get up, he tripped over his shoelaces and fell back down. "I told you to tie your shoelaces." You said and started laughing with him. "Oh, zip it you." He laughed. Honestly, he may be a bit of a klutz, but at least he was your klutz.