Homework and a Date | Jae

It was a calm Friday afternoon; classes had ended, and you were trying to get some work done at a café. The steaming cup of coffee was calling for you, but you knew it was still too hot to drink. Burning your tongue was very low on your list of things you wanted. Your phone dinged, getting you out of your concentration. The message came from Younghyun.

Foxy K🦊: _Hey, is it cool if me and Jae come hang out with you for a bit?

You: _That'd be fun, I'm at the little café around the corner from college. Want me to order something for you guys? ☕_

Foxy K🦊: _The regular for us would be great, see you in a bit 👻_

You left the conversation at that and decided to focus a bit more on homework before the mess that was Jae and Younghyun arrived. However, you had to order for them really quick. As you were waiting on the order you gazed around the café. The blooming flowers along with the shelves filled with books gave it a homey feel. No wonder everyone enjoyed coming here.

Thoughts were soon wandering of to Jae. The crush was obvious to you, but he's popular, he could get anyone he wants. Luckily, he was completely oblivious to it. Unfortunately, Younghyun wasn't. He teased you with it at every opportunity he got, the idiot.

The barista called your order and you walked back to the little booth after picking it up. In the meantime, your own coffee had cooled of and you could finally enjoy the caffeine you so desperately needed.

Your attention drifted back to the homework that lay in front of you, rushingly sipping your coffee. The music playing in the café was distracting, tapping along to it sounded much more appealing than doing the work.

Soon enough you were engulfed in the work again, frustrated that you couldn't figure it out. Running your hands through your hair, you let a sigh escape your mouth.

"Can't figure it out?" Jae's voice snapped you out of it. Heart pounding, partially from not hearing him and Younghyun sitting down and partially from your crush, you answered. "Not really." You shook your head smiling. You saved the file and shut down your laptop, time spent with the two of them was more important than homework at the moment.

"Thanks for the coffee." Younghyun said. "Yeah, thanks." "No problem at all." A short silence fell upon you as you all took a sip of the drinks on the table. "So, are you free for some dinner after this?" Younghyun asked you before gulping down his drink. His question came out of nowhere. Jae and you looked questioningly at him, wondering why he seems to be in a rush. "Uhm, yeah I'm free." You answered, thought racing to figure out if Younghyun just asked you out. "What about you, Jae?" He turned to the guy sitting next to him. "I'm free too, what do you have in mind?"

Within a second Younghyun stood up from his place in the booth. "Good, I'm not. Dowoon asked me to help him study English. Have fun on your date!" Younghyun sing sang as he took his coffee cup from the table and walked away with a wave.

You quickly turned your face away trying to hide the blush creeping up your cheeks. You'd have to kick his ass later. You peeked up at Jae and saw that his cheeks had turned a slight shade of red too. "I don't know what-" "I can't believe he-" You both started at the same time. "You first." Jae sighed before starting to speak again.

"I honestly hate him for this, but he can read me like a book. I like you and if you won't mind, I'd like to take you out for dinner." He awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. Suddenly you could no longer hear the music, the talking people or the sound of the coffee machines. The only thing that you could hear, was your own heart practically beating out of your chest. "Oh, uhm no, no, I don't mind at all. I'm not really dressed for it though." "It's okay," Jae's hand covered yours on the table. "You look good in everything." He smiled that smile you could die for. Blush crept onto your cheeks for the second time in the span of a few minutes. Jae was rubbing circles on the top of your hand with his thumb. "Instead of hating we might have to thank him though." You said causing you both to laugh before Jae spoke again. "Now about that date."