Mackenna at the Ball

[Picture of Mackenna's dress above just the dress]

EY, JUST SAYING, EVERYTHING IN THIS CHAPTER THAT WAS WRITTEN, IS WRITTEN FOR A REASON, SO DON'T QUESTION ME, OKAY?

OKAY.

GOSH!

80'S THEME SONG OF THE CHAPTER:

She drives me crazy - Fine Young Cannibals

~~~~~~

💁😢😌
😘 The 😍
😈 Ball 💩
😄 Table 📖
😓😒😖

😖-David
😄-Thea
💁-Jeremy
😢-Will
😓-Gabe
💩-Evan
📖-Eisel
😍-Dana
😈-Cole
😘-Mackenna
😌-Valerie
😒-Lilliana

Cole sits next to Thea(on the right) and Mackenna(on the left). he glances from his date, to his crush, then back to his date, wondering 'which one should i talk to?'

Mackenna starts talking to Jeremy(on her left) just as Cole makes the decision to actually bother having conversation with his date.

"Hey, How is your.. umm, salad?" Cole asks awkwardly.

"Oh, it's great, Cole! Thank you for asking. Though, i wish that a decent burger was on the menu." Thea laughs to herself. Cole smiles, Thea's comment lifting tension off him. "How is yours?"

"Eh, pretty good. ditto on the burger thing." he laughs too.

She might not be such a terrible date after all. He thinks to himself.

Cole notices Jeremy talking to Will(on Jeremy's left) when Thea went back to eating.

Now is my chance..

"Hey." Cole says to Mackenna.

Mackenna looks up. "Oh, hey." She smiles and pulls a strand of hair behind her ear.

"You look.." he starts.

"I look..?" Mackenna asks.

"I've never seen anyone as beautiful as poo." he says.

He mentally facepalms. Gosh, who am i? Will?

"Excuse me?" She says, scrunching her face at him.

"NO! No," Cole tries. "nonono, i meant to say 'as you'.. But.. i'm just a mess-(gco)"

He feels a finger on his lips.

"Thank you, Cole." Mackenna says, smiling at him.

She takes her finger off his lips and continues eating.

"Oh, and i don't think i've seen anyone as handsome as poo, by the way." she laughs.

He smiles and continues eating his salad.

All of a sudden, Eisel shoots up from the table mumbling an 'excuse me'.

"Is she going to be okay?" Cole whispers to Mackenna.

Lilliana stands and jogs after her.

"Lilly's got this, Eisel will be fine." Mackenna whispers back.

Soon, the two girls were back and continued doing what they were doing earlier.

------

They were all eating their dessert when Lilliana and Gabe get up from the table.

Everyone at the table watches as they join the other couples on the dance floor.

Cole hears Mackenna whisper an 'awww'.