Chapter Six

Sometimes I don't understand why they send me to do these types of things. I'm at the gala waiting for Loki to make his entrance, which I don't believe will be subtle.

As I'm scanning the room, I see a figure standing on the balcony. When he starts walking down the stairs, I recognize him at once. It's Loki. I almost didn't think that it was actually him. He was wearing a suit, and I couldn't help but think that he looked good in it. Guess I better make sure I don't tell anyone I thought that.

"Target spotted," I whispered into the earpiece I'm wearing.

"Lay low," Director Fury ordered me. "We don't want him to spot you."

I know that he probably spotted me in the car chase, but I don't think he would recognize me. I didn't have time to tell that information to Director Fury before everyone started gasping. Curious as to why I looked up.

Loki had swung at grabbed Dr. Heinrich Schӓfer and thrown him on a decoration table thing. He held the man down as he pulled something out of his pocket. Once Loki stabbed the Dr. in the eye with the device, everyone started running out and crying out.

I ran with everyone, trying to blend in, but I kept looking back to see what Loki was up to. As the device he had was doing, whatever it was doing, Loki was looking around. While I appreciated how nice the suit was on him, I didn't like the fact that he had an evil glint in his eyes.

Loki stopped holding down Dr. Heinrich Schӓfer and started walking towards the exit. The same direction everyone was running to. Great.

Looking back again, I saw a sort of glimmer surround Loki as his amour appeared.

I heard police sirens, and when they turned onto the street and started heading this way, Loki blasted one of them with his scepter. What did I get myself into?

When I felt the people in front of me stop and back up a little bit, I looked up. A clone of Loki had appeared and was standing in front of everyone.

"Kneel before me."

More clones of Loki appeared around the crowd of people, closing us in.

"I said," Loki started again, banging his scepter in the ground. "Kneel!" he yelled at everyone.

I kneeled along with everyone else, not wanting to give myself away.

"Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state?"

"It's not," I whispered to myself.

"It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity."

During his speech, Loki was walking through everyone, and as he was passing by me, I held my breath, hoping that he wouldn't see me or recognize me either.

"You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."

Just after Loki's speech was finished, an old man stood up and looked at Loki.

"Not to men like you."

"There are no men like me."

"Come on Cap." I whispered to myself.

"There are always men like you."

Loki lifted up his scepter and make a statement to everyone. "Look to your elder, people." He pointed his scepter at the old man, and I watched as it glowed blue. "Let him be an example." Loki sent a blast towards the old man, but before it hit him, Captain Rogers finally dropped down, holding his shield in front of him.