C;28 - Changes.

"Where's the mother?"

[Gemma]

I watched Harry's face paling and Luke looking at my brother waiting patiently for an answer about his mother. I wonder if he even knows about his mother, or if he was only a result of a one night stand and was dumped on Harry's doorstep like in that movie 'Three Men, One Baby'. Yeah, I think that's what's going on here. So instead of standing in awkward tension I saved their asses by making a distraction.

"Mum, I smell burning." she snaps out of whatever rude, stuck up  mood she was in and hurries into her beloved kitchen. My mother is the worst cook in the world but I have to make do as I'm struggling to find a house for me own cheaply. I've graduated out of university and I'm unemployed looking for jobs. It's a hard world out there. I used to be the smartest in the whole family and everyone had high hopes for me. That soon changed though. I mixed with the wrong crowd and it corrupted me. I'm not the perfect princess I once was when Harry left at fourteen. He's obviously matured and changed in many ways. I want to know about the mother of Luke, I just... I don't think that Harry would be the type to ever be a father. He didn't seem the lovey dovey type. He was always so angry, hating the idea of love and all that. Never bringing girlfriends home... Then again, we never really were a close family. He was always so isolated. I want to be close to him now. If only he'd let me in.

"Okay guys, come into the living room and make yourself comfortable. You guys can watch TV or something." Harry lets his son down on the ground and he runs into the room I instructed everyone to go into with the gay couple following him, however I prevent Harry from going into it. I want to talk to him desperately.

"What?"

"So where's his mother then?" I question him once dragging my younger brother to the wooden spiral staircase where he has perched himself on.

"She was my wife and she passed away after Luke's birth." Oh shoot. I stare at him with wide eyes for a few seconds before I realised I now need to talk.

"Um." Crap, what the hell do I say to that?! Didn't expect that at all. "I'm sorry, that must've been really hard for you all. I didn't imagine you to ever be married with a kid if anyone would bet that. Never. I'm in shock."

Harry chuckled lighty at this, "yeah well I've changed. You haven't though." I laughed now, pretty much hysterically.

"I have so drastically! I've messed up my life. My grades were always so perfect but my social life was not. You don't understand how many times I've been knocked up and how many false alarm pregnancies I've had. I've had three abortions Harry, I've changed. So. Much." Harry abruptly stands up now with fury in his green eyes. He seemed appalled, disgusted and ashamed all at once. I knew he would react like this. Especially having a child of his own. Damn.

"I don't know what to say really. I can't say I'm disappointed, because that's an understatement. I guess I expected more from you, Gem." Harry shook his head in disbelief, the thought of his own sister murdering her child is disgusting. In Harry's mind abortion is basically the same as murdering a child who's life should be valued not hated. If you're not ready to have a child, you're not ready to have sex. Simple as. He's told me that so many times, I don't know why it's only hit me now though. I should've remembered in the clinic.

"I know. I know." was all I could say before I started shaking all over, not because it was cold but because I was really extremely sad and the darkness of depression and guilt was washing over me. I know I'm nothing more then a disappointment to the whole family. My mother is a proud popular woman, and I've just ruined the family name. My mother is too kind and loving to her to tell her the truth. When she heard the news about abortion number one, she tried so hard to be supportive and to understand why I went through an extreme way to get rid of a child. But then the other two times came and it was just getting harder and harder for her to be so supportive. She was a mother so her opinion would be nothing but bias. Losing Harry was hard enough for her. It was hard for all of us really. My mother's quite stubborn, she doesn't like to admit that she missed Harry but I've seen her in her rooms, with tears staining her cheeks, as she stares at old photo albums filled with photos of Harry before the age of fourteen. When he left.