C;21 - Hypocrite.

[NathanSykes]

"Nathan! Nathan, over here!"

"Sykes, look over here!"

"Give us a smile, Mr Sykes!"

"Are you crying?!"

"Tell us why you're crying!"

"Is it a heartbreak?"

"Are you heartbroken?"

"Is it a girl-"

"-or a boy?"

They wouldn't stop shouting as I was slowly heading to the waiting sleek red Jaguar, and I was trying so hard to hold my anger inside. But they were pushing all my buttons and I found myself yelling out.

"NO. GOD NO, DO I LOOK GAY TO YOU?!" I screamed at the paparazzi man who questioned if it was a boy who broke my heart. Of course I couldn't tell them that it was. I would be the headline over all the newspaper and I know 3/4 of my fans would leave me because their hopes of the 1 in million chance of being with me would be gone.

"Nathan Sykes is a homophobic." and then the cameras wouldn't stop flashing in my face, almost blinding me. I felt my bodyguard Kevin push through all the crowd from the car and guide me into the car where the tinted windows couldn't show me crying.

Homophobic; far from it! Kevin knew about Harry, only he did because he noticed some of the pictures I preserved in my song book seeing as Harry is my inspiration and all. He noticed that we were obviously not siblings.

"You alright, kid?" Kevin gave me a face full of worry and concern, his hand on my shoulder.

I wearily nodded my head and then buried my face into the palms of my hands to let the tears flow into there. I do hate crying, it's very tiring and exhausting. I've done enough crying over the years anyway.

"You can drive now, Martin." Kev tells my chauffeur now and he does what he's told, quickly giving me a sympethic look from the rear view mirror and drives away from the paparazzi who want to destroy me.

It's slowly working.

***

"You're going to be the talk of all the newspapers." Kevin tells me quietly as I stare out the window, thinking about how tough life is. It's always been tough and I thought that now I had got to where I wanted to be, everything would be fine. But it's far from fine. As tough and as strong as I act, it's always going to be far from fine.

"I know Kevin, I know. I've messed up big time. I wasn't supposed to let those guys inside my head but I did. I met Harry in the café, and I thought maybe there could be a slight chance of us being together again... because that's what he always said to me. 'Don't worry if anyone or anything tries to split us up, we're always in each other's hearts. Forever and Always. We'll find a way to get back together. Only time will decide.' I guess it was all crap coming out of his mouth. He's married and has  a little boy, so..." I sighed in frustration. I didn't sign up for this pain.

"Oh Nate. It's going to be alright, it is. Oh Lord, I wouldn't have ever expected that. That's just-wow. Shows how much time really does change things." Kevin squeezed my shoulder in reassure but his words isn't what I want to hear right now. They were only sympathetic. They didn't tell me what to do about this messed up situation.

I guess I have to figure that out for myself.

*

*