16 || Preparations

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 101414 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - 100417 ❞

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"(Y/n)!" 

You turned around to see Armin running towards you. You smile at your blonde friend as you wait for him to catch up to you, panting slightly with his hands on his knees.

"What's up, Armin?" You ask.

"Heard the news?" He asks.

"That Sasha didn't eat for 12 hours and now she's depressed?" You ask.

"No, not that." Armin chuckles.

"Then, I don't know." You said, looking at him.

"There's an expedition next week." He says.

"Oh, okay."

"(Y/n)?"

"WAIT WHAT THERE'S AN EXPEDITION NEXT WEEK?"

"Late reaction as always..." Armin facepalms.

"I must train myself before the expedition and warn Sasha to store food!" You say, dashing off to the training grounds.

"Wait, (y/n)!" He calls.

He extended his hand in hopes of reaching you to pull you back, but you were running too fast. Armin couldn't help but sigh, and look at your disappearing form.  He could only shake his head as a small smile was plastered on his face.

"I forgot to tell you that Levi wanted me to look after you."

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"Hey (y/n)!" 

"Can't talk now, Eren! Gotta train!" You say, running past through him.

"But we're partners for today!" He yells.

You suddenly stopped running, pausing a little before turning around. He looked at you curiously and you trudged back to him with your arms open. Before he could say a word, you tackled him and both your bodies land on the ground with a thud.

"Ouch, what was that for?" He asks, rubbing his head.

"You should've told me!" You scold him, shaking him by the shoulders.

"But I did." He says, whining a little.

"You should've told me I wasn't listening then." You say, whining as well.

Eren just facepalms and groans, standing up as you fall to the ground. You winced a little as you made an impact on the ground and see Eren holding out his hand to you. You grab it and he pulls you up.

"Let's go." He says.

You looked at him as he went ahead of you, dragging your feet to follow closely behind. As you reach the training grounds, both of you wasted no time and got ready in your fighting stance. Eren lunges first, but you quickly dodged it. It was your chance. With his back faced against you, you kicked his shin, causing him to lose his balance and stumble.

You smirk to yourself, winning the first round. However, Eren isn't the type to easily give up. Almost instantly, he gets up and goes back to his fighting stance. You copy him, waiting for him to move.

The second time, the same sequence happened.

The third time, the same sequence happened.

The fourth time, the same sequence happened.

But on the fifth, it was the other way around. You charged first, and you accidentally miss. Just as you face the front, Eren accidentally punches your cheek and kicks you by the waist. You were sent flying onto the ground.

Oh, Eren had done it this time.

Eren gasped at his sudden actions, not knowing this would happen to you. He quickly ran to you, and he was shocked to see the damage he had done. You faced him with a bruised left cheek and a bloody nose, but you still managed to smile at him and mouth him a good job.

The superiors then ordered Eren to bring you to the infirmary, bringing your arm around him for support. The shortest one being more demanding with the order, concealing how concerned he was. Eren did as told, too scared to disobey.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"Thanks for helping me, Eren." You say, as you held the ice pack to your cheek.

"No problem, I'm sorry for what happened." He says, wiping the blood off your nose.

"It's okay." You say, smiling.

"I have something to cheer you up." He smiles back.

"What is it?" You ask.

"A joke!" He says.

"You got it from Connie?" You ask.

"Maybe, or maybe not." He says.

"Okay then, go ahead." You say.

"So, my friend thinks he is smart. He told me that an onion is the only food that can make you cry. So, I threw a coconut at his face."

"..." You tried not to smile.

"I have another one!" He says.

"Okay, go ahead." You say.

"Why are the elephants always being pushed out of the pool?" He asks.

"Why?"

"Because they kept dropping their trunks." 

"Stop it." You say.

Eventually, you ended up laughing at his horrible attempts instead of the joke itself. Eren watched with a pout on his face but joined in as well. Your combined laughter echoed throughout the room, making a head snap up from curiosity. Suddenly, the doors open to reveal Captain Shorty standing there.

"What are you brats laughing about? Get back to the training grounds." He growls slightly.

Without saying uttering another word, you looked at Eren as he offered you his hand. You stood and went out of the infirmary with him, leaving Levi behind.

"I'm sorry. I can't lose my job." He quietly mutters to himself, following you and Eren back to the training grounds.