4 || Trouble

❝ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ - 072114 ; ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ - 092617 ❞

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"Umm... I can't read minds but, are you thinking about taking a break again?" Eren asks.

"No! That's not what I meant." You say, shaking your head in disbelief.

"What is it then?" He asks curiously.

"Let's spy on them." You whisper, pointing to the window where you heard the noise. 

Eren finally catches on and nods in response, smirking faintly. You place the equipment down and quietly left the room with him. Peeking through the small opening of the door, you look around to see if anyone was around. 

Well, today is your lucky day. You remember hearing about Corporal Levi and Commander Erwin being busy with paperwork. As for the other squad members, they are busy cleaning the hallways and lecture halls. You hurriedly sneak out to where your group of friends await.

"I mean, look at the Commander's eyebrows! Doesn't it bug you?!" You hear Connie shout.

"I bet you can even hide underneath them." Jean adds.

You and Eren sneakily hid behind a bush as your friends continued blabbering about who knows what. When you heard Connie complain about Commander Erwin's eyebrows and Jean's stupid comment, you couldn't help but stifle a laugh. It didn't take long before your face was red from suppressing it.

Trying to hold in your laughter was a bad idea. You couldn't take it anymore and burst into laughter. The loud sound caused heads to turn toward the bushes as Mikasa walks over. You instantly cover your mouth, widening your eyes, but Eren was just as busy laughing to himself.

"What are you doing with (y/n), Eren?" Mikasa asks, stoic expression as usual.

"We took a break." Eren says, his laughter dying down as he explains it to her.

"Did that shorty hurt you?" She asks.

"Stop being so overprotective of me!" Eren groans, not wanting to be treated like a baby.

"They act like a mother and son sometimes." You hear someone mutter, sounded like Sasha.

"Brats, what do you think you're doing?" You turned to see an angry Corporal storming in your direction.

Uh oh.

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"Jaeger, 50 laps." Levi says, slightly gritting his teeth.

Eren shakily nods his head and hurriedly runs out of the room. Meanwhile, you were left standing in his office, staring at the ground while waiting for an order. The only audible sound heard was the tapping of his shoe on the floor. The regret of spying on your friends only sunk in now that you got caught slacking on the job.

"Look at me." Corporal Levi growls.

You tense up a bit at the harshness of his voice and turn to meet his gaze. Instead of his emotionless expression, you could clearly see the anger in his eyes.

"You'll be cleaning my office. Start now." He says as he makes his way back to his desk.

"Yes, sir." You salute before grabbing the cleaning equipment.

You internally groan. The room already looked spotless so you have no idea why he would give you a task so pointless. You shrug it off, deciding to do it for the sake of not getting scolded again.

You start with the shelves, dusting off the dirt. After a short while, you begin to sweep the floor and finish it off by mopping the floor. You finished in a good amount of time, stepping back a bit to appreciate the effort you've put into making the room "tidier" than it already was.

"I'm finished, Corporal." You say with a tired voice.

"That's Levi to you."

Corporal Levi or Levi, whatever. This man has serious problems with name calling.

"...But you told me to call you Corporal, remember?" You recall, trying not to sound passive-aggressive.

"Levi when there's no one around but call me Corporal in front of others. Understood?" He says, sighing.

"Yes, Levi." You salute.

"You can go now." He says, without taking his eyes off from the paperwork.

You head out of his room and make your way back to the dorms. Your eyebrows furrow as you remain puzzled by the fact. Then, it suddenly hit you.

Why would Levi want you to call him by his name anyway?

⚔ ══════════════════ ⚔

"How did it go, Eren?" You say, chuckling at his tired form.

Instead of a reply, you could hear him panting heavily. You sit beside him and he groans. You slightly laughed and looked at him.

"How was yours?" He asks.

"Nothing tiring, I guess." You reply with a shrug, resisting a smug smile.

"Well, good for you." He says.

"Yeah, good for me." You chuckle, playfully rolling your eyes.

"I even thought you were doing something else." He smiles as well.

"What do you mean?" You gulp.

"Oh, you know... Telling him your secret..."

"W-What?! Of course not!" You say, nudging his shoulder.

"Too bad..." He remarks, sarcastically.

"Shut up!" You say, standing and storming off.