10. Coming Out

"What if I tell everyone the girl in the picture is Megan?..."

4 pairs of eyes curiously await what I'm not so obviously suggesting. All of the girls know how private of a person I can be when it comes to my love life. And especially my sexuality.

"... And maybe tell everyone we're together?"

The shock of the paparazzi photo was just settling in amongst the 5 girls before I suggested what seems to be the next and move I can make.

"Camila..."

The worry in Ally's eyes is palpable.

"Are you sure? We know how important this is to you. Don't let this force you to do anything you're not comfortable with. I'm sure there's some other way around this..."

"What else can we do? TMZ have just posted that I've been spotted with a girl and that we look a bit to cosy together. If I tell them I happened to be alone with Lauren whilst avoiding the reason why we're both really here... well... I wouldn't even believe that."

My eyes catch Lauren's as we both exchange a similar look, realising that even avoiding the truth a little can't save us.

"I mean, it wouldn't be such a bad thing; especially for Megan and Roger. They've been keen for me too come out. Maybe it's destiny's sick, little way of getting me to do so.

I look around the faces that are all frankly lost for words by what has transpired in the last 30 minutes. It was all going so well. It was as easy as breathing air hanging out as a group again. Even Lauren, who's changed so much, still maintains the essence of the girl I once knew inside out.

Like right now, her longer hair and paler face don't hide the 'deep in thought' look etched in her features.

Feeling like a mind reader, Lauren's face shoots up and looks and me with intrigue. She still holds that deliberating look on her face as her mind runs through the idea she thought up, probably perfecting it.

"I think we should tell people we're all together."

Having taken the attention away from me and put it on herself, Lauren looks around at her former bandmates in hopes that one of them will side with her idea. Their expressions don't seem to be very promising.

"But... we were strictly told not to do that. Even the hotel staff had to sign contracts." Ally points out. "This isn't a game with rules we can make up and change on the spot, even if it is down to us to perform and all. We're not scheduled to post our announcements on social media until 1 week before the Grammy's. If you tell everyone we're together, then they'll know we're reuniting."

"That's exactly what that they should know."

I place a hand under my chin as I await the explanation that I know is about to come.

"It's a done deal now; the contracts are signed, there's no going back. They can't fire and hire now. This is perfect timing with all the publicity that photo is getting. Sure, the rumours will start again but that stuff honestly doesn't effect me like it did before. And at least we can offer an explanation as to why Camila and I are together? No lying - that always makes everything messy. Our fans amazing FBI skills would see right through us if we did." Lauren adds with a chuckle.

"And sure, our pr, marketing, the organisers and everyone else who has a say in it would be annoyed. But once they see the piggy backed publicity our announcement will get, they'd be idiots to punish us in any way. They should really end up thanking us, not like that would ever happen in 1000 years anyway."

Lauren rolls her eyes but chuckles at the idea.

"But the most important thing to do is to protect Camila. And anyone else if something like this happens again."