4. City Of Love

We arrived in New York and checked into our hotel.

"Rooms for Gold?"

"Gold, Gold..."

The hotel receptionist searched for our pre-booked room in the Ritz Carlton hotel. Super fancy but Roger insisted, he said I had a great year and deserved a nice Winter break.

"After can we go stroke the horses on the street Kaki?"

I looked down and smiled at my little sister who was impatiently tugging my arm.
"We'll go when we're booked in. Don't you wanna see the room we're gonna share?!" I put on my most excited voice, trying to get my mind wondering far from the busy schedule I have for today.

First we're unpacking our luggage and freshen up from our flight. Then we're ordering room service because frankly, I'm starving. I really wanted a night in but it's Sofi's first time staying over in New York, I'm well aware at how excited my little sister is. Plus we only have a few days before Christmas to start exploring the city.

"Roger Gold? Got you right here. Room 1430, Mrs Cabello's in 1431 and Miss Cabello, 1432. Enjoy your stay." The secretary hands us our room keys and we walk to the elevator.

"What a beautiful place. You picked a great hotel Roger." My dad said as he pressed the elevator button. "Such a great location."

"Yes, I especially picked this one. Right near Central Park."

I smiled at the idea of getting to see Central Park during Winter. I've always romanticised the idea of white sheets of snow covering it's vast fields of grass. I would imagine walking through it with someone special to me. We would laugh and roll around and I wouldn't give a care in the world at how wet my coat got because of the snow or the muddy stains it would leave from the grass underneath it. I'd only care about the person by my side and if they held a smile as bright as mine on their lips. There's something about New York. Never quite seen as romantic as Paris, but not to me.

Paris is overrated.

*******

flashback

November 2015

*******

"Mama, hurry up! The girls are already leaving without us!"

"Five minutes, I need the camera."

I already had the hotel room key in the door, ready to leave and explore the magic city that is Paris.

"...Come on, we need to get the coach to head into the city!" I give my mom a grunt, trying my hardest to get her out the door.
I can't wait any longer to start exploring Paris. We do so much travelling already in our Reflection tour, that we sometimes forget to stop and just take a moment to appreciate where we are. I guess today we have more time to do exactly that since Paris is the last country in Europe we're booked to perform in and that isn't for another 2 days on the 9th of November.

"Chancho!" I smile at the familiar booming voice coming from the hallway. I stick my head out my hotel room door and see Dinah happily skipping in my direction.

"Dinah! I'm just waiting for my very slow mother to get her stuff ready so we can head out."

Dinah takes my hand in hers and jumps up and down by herself, in a release of what I'm assuming is excitement. "Can you believe we're in Paris?!"

I grin at her childlike energy and shake my head. "Never in a million years did I think I'd ever be in the city of love."

Dinah stopped smiling and started smirking. Ohh no, what did I say this time? "Too bad I don't have anyone to love whilst I'm here... unlike some people.